Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The 70's was the best era! Change my mind.

14/12/2018, 15:15
The 70's was the best era! Change my mind.
Where do you see the likes of this sort of generosity from a company anymore? Everything about this era was more joyful and free, even this adverts screams wholesome, just look at that happy, trustworthy chaps face.

[Image: 2mk2v]

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
14/12/2018, 15:39
RE: The 70's was the best era! Change my mind.
SCENES if there's a mix-up with the competitions and 16-year-old-virgin-Sex-Island guy ends up on a jolly with Saville.

[Image: 2mk1i]

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to StrumSolo for this post:
FantasticMR
13/01/2019, 01:03
I do think there is something to the idea that people were more friendly in past decades. Everyone is so openly self-obsessed now. I am sure people were always self-obsessed but at least had the decency to pretend to be nice in public
Find all posts by this user
Shut up!(0) Add Thank You
14/01/2019, 04:17
good example is sports nowadays. compare over the top celebrations when scoring a goal- try-touchdown- century- taking a wicket- catch- holing putt- hitting winner---etc, look at me me me ,  with 70's.  epitome was Doug Walters hitting Willis for 6 off days last ball to reach his century and 100 between tea and stumps. he smacked the ball hard and high and just turned and walked off the ground. no histrionics, no leaping 5 feet in air, raising arms and head skyward
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mark.s.. for this post:
JamezZ
21/01/2019, 22:51 (This post was last modified: 21/01/2019, 22:52 by JamezZ.)
Yes that is a good point mark s. There was a point where everything was deliberately over emphasised or over acted so it would appear on the news and then slowly on social media as that grew.

Now I think the play acting has become a reality as newer 'stars' have the learned behaviour from their idols who started faking it.
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JamezZ for this post:
mark.s..