Mine's an old-fashioned. Ta.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to StrumSolo for this post:
Clitterbug, FantasticMR, RussyRover
19/12/2013, 18:22
RE: KNOW YOUR BOURBON
I don't mind an Old-fashioned but I have experienced one made exquisitely and one that made me want to rinse my mouth out with an alco-pop. Over the xmas season I'm fairly certain that my efforts would fall to the latter so I'm sticking with having my Bourbon straight up, no ice. For that, it has to be Makers Mark or Jack Single Barrel.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Shut up!(0) Add Thank You
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to FantasticMR for this post:
Clitterbug, RussyRover
19/12/2013, 18:23 (This post was last modified: 19/12/2013, 18:23 by StrumSolo.)
(19/12/2013, 18:22)FantasticMR Wrote:  I don't mind an Old-fashioned but I have experienced one made exquisitely and one that made me want to rinse my mouth out with an alco-pop. Over the xmas season I'm fairly certain that my efforts would fall to the latter so I'm sticking with having my Bourbon straight up, no ice. For that, it has to be Makers Mark or Jack Single Barrel.

Both fine choices.

Also, a word of caution should you ever find yourself in the vicinity of a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Lovely drop, but it'll do unspeakable things to your head the morning after.

Careful now.

Add Thank You
19/12/2013, 18:28
(19/12/2013, 18:23)ScottyRampant Wrote:  
(19/12/2013, 18:22)FantasticMR Wrote:  I don't mind an Old-fashioned but I have experienced one made exquisitely and one that made me want to rinse my mouth out with an alco-pop. Over the xmas season I'm fairly certain that my efforts would fall to the latter so I'm sticking with having my Bourbon straight up, no ice. For that, it has to be Makers Mark or Jack Single Barrel.

Both fine choices.

Also, a word of caution should you ever find yourself in the vicinity of a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Lovely drop, but it'll do unspeakable things to your head the morning after.

Careful now.

I can't say I've had the pleasure. Was this a recent discovery for you?

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

19/12/2013, 18:32
About a year ago, and then again a few weeks back.

Once is unfortunate, twice is carelessness...

Add Thank You
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to StrumSolo for this post:
FantasticMR, RussyRover
19/12/2013, 18:47
Once is curiosity - twice is a prolapse.......

[Image: 2tzcx]

Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Hilary Briss for this post:
FantasticMR, RussyRover, StrumSolo
19/12/2013, 23:40 (This post was last modified: 19/12/2013, 23:46 by Clitterbug.)
[Image: 17273556_1.png] [Image: 17273558_2.jpg] [Image: 17273561_3.jpg]
I do enjoy a drop of bourbon but must confess to being a lover of a single malt, ive holiday'ed up in the Highlands and Islands a few times and have a particular likeing of Skye, but once we went to Islay/Jura to take in the whiskey tour, to be completely honest my recolections of the tour are sketchy to say the least, as i REALLY enjoyed it! {which is more than the poor guide/minibus driver can say} even now i hold a loving of Jura, and by the shape of the roughly wrapped prezzy under the tree i have a bottle waiting to be unwrapped next week! ahh that peat'y, smoke'y, standing by a fire in the woods'y aroma/taste is calling to me, theres no one in, shall i open it? no get thee behind me satan!
Add Thank You
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Clitterbug for this post:
RussyRover, StrumSolo
19/12/2013, 23:51
I'm partial to a Bourbon or two myself... You have to twist the top (or bottom) off, then nibble the cream off with your incisors, then dip the remaining biscuit in your coffee.... Mmmmm...

[Image: 10e1s]

[Image: xaz9.jpg] I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.... Make it so.....
Add Thank You
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to RussyRover for this post:
Clitterbug, StrumSolo
19/12/2013, 23:56

Touche Russy, substitute Bourbon for Oreo! now your talking!!!
Add Thank You
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Clitterbug for this post:
RussyRover, StrumSolo
20/12/2013, 16:41
Beware, cos now those pesky females know how to use 'Bourbon' against you... ding, ding, di ding

[Image: xaz9.jpg] I'd be delighted to offer any advice I have on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know.... Make it so.....
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to RussyRover for this post:
Clitterbug