Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First look at 'Black Mirror' season 5 shows 1980s Croydon

27/04/2018, 09:39
First look at 'Black Mirror' season 5 shows 1980s Croydon
I couldn't be happier that filming of Black Mirror season 5 is finally underway. There are so many insanely great episodes of this dystopian anthology that I struggle to pick a favourite. However, one episode that always pulls at my heartstrings is the 1987-set 'San Junipero.'

[Image: 2c7pk]

San Junipero was so popular that it even won a BAFTA award for its costume, makeup and hair design, along with a couple of Emmy awards. With fans obviously loving 80s vibe, creator Charlie Brooker decided to once again to take us back to the 1980s. This time we're being transported to Britain in the year of 1984 - with photos posted by locals revealing that the streets of Croydon are being kitted out with retro shop signs to help set the scene. The attention to detail is amazing.

[Image: 2c7pg] [Image: 2c7ph] [Image: 2c7pi]

A letter issued from the crew to local residents explained that they'd be filming in Croydon's St George's Walk, and saying they strive to use beautiful locations within all the films. Not sure anyone could describe Croydon as beautiful! The 1980s WH Smith sign looks pretty damn cool though! I can't freakin wait!

[Image: 2c7pf]

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You