Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dude finally passes driving test after 25 years of lessons and 33 attempts

10/07/2018, 09:59 (This post was last modified: 10/07/2018, 10:00 by ReedeFox.)
Dude finally passes driving test after 25 years of lessons and 33 attempts
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try again. One dude has taken that saying a bit too literally after it it took him 25 years, 33 attempts, 14 different instructors and 85 lessons to finally pass his driving test.

[Image: 2d6f5]

Christian Whiteley-Mason has spent a total of £10,000 on driving lessons and tests over the last 25 years and didn't think he'd ever pass.42-year-old Christian from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, first took his test in 1992 in the days before the theory test was introduced but quickly racked up a fuckload of test fails. Christian is such a shit driver, even his husband Darren, thought he'd never pass, saying 'You're an accident waiting to happen.' Yikes.

[Image: 2d6f4]

Despite his multiple fails, Christian thinks he's a decent driver and reckons the only reason he kept failing was down to one notoriously tough examiner. He said:

Quote:There was this one examiner at the Barnsley test centre who I used to pray I didn't get. She was notoriously tough and she failed me every time.
I had 56 lessons with my first instructor and eventually he told me to just give up as I would never pass.

I mean if your driving instructor, who you're paying, tells you to give up, you should probably just heed their advice. By 2003, Christian had failed his test 32 times and decided to throw in the towel on this driving malarky. He said:

Quote:I'd just had enough, I just thought 'I'm never going to get it.' I just got bored with it. I couldn't see the point.

[Image: 2d6f6]

After Christian got a new job that involved a lot of travel, he decided to give it another go and to his surprise he finally passed.

Quote:I can't believe I've actually finally passed after all these years. I'm still in shock!

Fuck me. I reckon they should impose a rule that if you fail 5 times, you aren't allowed to retake your test and you have to just reside yourself to catching the bus.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
12/07/2018, 01:50
RE: Dude finally passes driving test after 25 years of lessons and 33 attempts
Yes, stories like this annoy me. As I'm concerned if you can't pass in, say, 5 attempts then driving probably isn't for you. Yet, there appears to be some expectation that driving is a right that all must have. I'd say if you fail 5 times you can't try again for a certain number of years. You clearly shouldn't be on the roads.
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to HappyGoLukey for this post:
Jester62
12/07/2018, 10:00
(12/07/2018, 01:50)HappyGoLukey Wrote:  Yes, stories like this annoy me. As I'm concerned if you can't pass in, say, 5 attempts then driving probably isn't for you. Yet, there appears to be some expectation that driving is a right that all must have. I'd say if you fail 5 times you can't try again for a certain number of years. You clearly shouldn't be on the roads.

Motion carried! And not wanting to be ageist but living in an area very much full of old people drivers, most of whom are fucking dangerous I think you should be re-tested post a certain age.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FantasticMR for this post:
Jester62
12/07/2018, 10:58
As someone who failed just the 4 times I'm more than happy throw those 5x losers under a bus.

Or at the very least give em the drive-by Vs as they're queuing for it in the rain.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Add Thank You
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to StrumSolo for this post:
FantasticMR, Jester62
12/07/2018, 11:08
Being real though, it's the nerves of the test scenario that does for most people, so raising the stakes like that isn't doing them any favours.

Imagine the pressure on your fifth and final shot!

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Shut up!(0) Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to StrumSolo for this post:
Jester62
12/07/2018, 16:22 (This post was last modified: 12/07/2018, 16:25 by Jester62.)
(12/07/2018, 10:00)FantasticMR Wrote:  
(12/07/2018, 01:50)HappyGoLukey Wrote:  Yes, stories like this annoy me. As I'm concerned if you can't pass in, say, 5 attempts then driving probably isn't for you. Yet, there appears to be some expectation that driving is a right that all must have. I'd say if you fail 5 times you can't try again for a certain number of years. You clearly shouldn't be on the roads.

Motion carried! And not wanting to be ageist but living in an area very much full of old people drivers, most of whom are fucking dangerous I think you should be re-tested post a certain age.

Hi There FantasticMr

Here's What I Know That's Taken Place Within The Last 2 Years Here In Japan Regarding Aging Drivers.

A News Arcticle Hit The Headlines Because Of A Mans High Profile Career.
Which Highlighted The Continued Concern For The Impact Made By An Ever Increasing Population Due To Age.

A 78 Year Old Man Formley Head Of Tokyo's " Elite Special Investigation Team " Which Oversaw Bribery And Corruption Within The Tokyo District.
Had Gone Through A Road Side Barrier, And Hit A Pedestrian Before Coming To A Halt Inside A Shop After Crashing Through The Secured Roller Shutter.
The 37 Year Old Male Padestrian Died From His Injuries At The Scene.

The Accident Made Huge Headlines Across Japan Because Of This Mans Career, It Also Demonstrated That Aeven People With The Sharpest Of Minds Are Susceptible To Catastrophic Errors In JudgementAs They Get Older.

Demographically - Japan's Ticking Time Bomb.

The Death Of This Man Was The Tipping Point To Which The Goverment Addressed The Ever Mounting Problem With Aging Drivers Both Male And Female.
Here's What They Decided Which Was Acted Upon Within One Month Of This Tragic Accident.
A Revision Of " Road Traffic Law " Which Began March 2017.
Under The New Requirements, Anyone 75 Years And Older Must Obtain A " Certificate Of Competence " To Drive Before Being Issued With A Full Licence. Competence Testing Is To Be Madatory Every 3 Years If They Want To Drive There After.
No Licence Will Be Issued If A Failure Results.

The Year Prior -2016 - Data Showed That Drivers 75 And Over Accounted For Nearly 13% Of All Traffic Accidents Across The Country - 168 Were Fatal Whilst Being Single Vehicle Accidents Involving Collisions Into Utility Poles Etc .
418 Were Fatal In Dual Vehicle Accidents.

Also Elderly Drivers Account For 31% Of Accidents Caused By Steering Errors Or Mistaking The Accelerator For The Brake.
Younger Drivers A Mere 0.8 % For The Same.
There's Always Been A Problem With Aging Drivers In Jaoan, But At Least It's Being Addressed.

Regards Jester

The Goverment Introduced
Shut up!(0) Add Thank You