Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Art Attack's Neil Buchanan is in a metal band now!

15/06/2018, 09:53
Art Attack's Neil Buchanan is in a metal band now!
There's nothing like a bit of 90s nostalgia to start your weekend. I'm sure you'll no doubt remember kids TV icon Neil Buchanan, who was known for his presenting role on hit children's show Art Attack. Neil could create art out of anything but he's had a slight change of career since his straw painting days.

[Image: 2cwju]

Apparently the mild mannered host used to be in a metal band called Marseille back in 1976, who launched their debut album, Red, White and Slightly Blue in 1978. They were the very first winners of talent show UK Battle of the Bands, and were judged by Queen legends Brian May and Roger Taylor. After a 30-year hiatus, Neil decided to go back to his roots and get the old band back together once again. After quitting the band in 1980, Neil made his return in 2008. How the fuck did we not hear about this? He's been rocking on stage playing lead guitar for 10 years and we didn't even know?!

[Image: 2cwjt]

This is what the bands official Facebook page had to say about their long hiatus:

Quote:Marseille’s hell raising blitz on the USA came to an untimely halt when their record and management company (Mountain) imploded.One minute Marseille were storming their way to US stardom and the next minute, they were in the dark depths of a two year long legal battle in which they lost everything - including all their instruments and equipment….and the momentum they had built.….and rebirth!After 25 years and 5 divorces….the gang are BACK with a new album called Unfinished Business officialy released in September 2010 with a full UK tour in the Autumn.

Damn, they lost their instruments?! That's so fucking sad. I'm glad the band is back and the boys are all making music again. I bet Neil tears up that stage like he tears up tissue paper!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ReedeFox for this post:
gymaddict69
15/06/2018, 09:58
RE: Art Attack's Neil Buchanan is in a metal band now!
Looks like quite a fun gig really but I must say that I've never seen Metal Neil and Mr G in the same room, coincidence? 

[Image: 2cwjv]

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FantasticMR for this post:
gymaddict69
16/06/2018, 22:29
OMFG..how epic is this news. Being a metal and rock fan myself..how did i not know this (im not worthy, im not worthy, i suck lol). Yep, i n my youth i'd spend many a tea time after school watching 'Art Attack' and of course who could forget 'Finders Keepers'. Gonna have to check out the bands sound (think on their re-emergence though the band should have been renamed with something associated with Neil's iconic shows..can see it now).
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
FantasticMR
16/06/2018, 22:35
Having been born in 1990 Neil Buchanan was one of my heroes growing up. Sounds a bit daft now when I think about it but then I was just a kid.
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to HappyGoLukey for this post:
FantasticMR
17/06/2018, 14:13
Does anyone remember the Sandwich Quiz on No.73?

[Image: 38763302_screenshot-2018-jun-17-013.jpg]
Add Thank You
18/06/2018, 12:10
(17/06/2018, 14:13)parkaner Wrote:  Does anyone remember the Sandwich Quiz on No.73?

[Image: 38763302_screenshot-2018-jun-17-013.jpg]

I don't, what did it entail?

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Add Thank You
18/06/2018, 14:20
Well it was many years ago, but as I remember every time someone answered a question they put another slice of bread on their sandwich and then chose a different filling to put on it. So the winner was the one with the biggest sandwich at the end.

Hey you get ready, get on yer feet
Get into gear and hit the street
Get down to number 73.
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to parkaner for this post:
FantasticMR
19/06/2018, 01:26
Haha. That sounds like a ridiculous game but I'm intrigued. I'll have to see if there are any clips on YouTube.
Add Thank You
21/06/2018, 15:43
I think we should bring back this game. I've got a whole loaf in the fridge. Who's with me? BTW, does anyone else keep their bread in the fridge?

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Add Thank You
21/06/2018, 15:49
(21/06/2018, 15:43)ReedeFox Wrote:  I think we should bring back this game. I've got a whole loaf in the fridge. Who's with me? BTW, does anyone else keep their bread in the fridge?

If it's the toast bread then freezer.

Bread bin for the artisan treats.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Add Thank You