Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Horror film fans
17/11/2014, 03:13
RE: For the Horror film fans
I got around, despite my reservations, to watching Ouija earlier today. Didnt want to believe all the critcism the film has received. Turns out i should have. 90 minutes of teenager friendly nonsense. If thats your cup of tea by all means but, if you are a grown up horror fan dont wastte your time. You will only wind up bored, checking the time as i was.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
17/11/2014, 21:59
I'll probably still watch ouija, I have a high tolerance for crap horror films (the wrong turn films for example get increasingly worse as they go on), and I happen like the actress in ouija in other things so will give it a shot. Oculus is good I thought, a bit different to the recent horror films.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
18/11/2014, 04:56
I do expect a lot from a horror movie and horror nowadays just isnt what it once was. On occassion entertaining enough but rarely horrific. Mind you, when it come to horror i dont shock easily. Couple of recommendations. First is 'The Babadook'. Its not gory and it doesnt need to be. Fantastic performances ( The mother in the movie should be added to the oscar nominations ), a great story and prper creepy too boot. Secondly, a movie i caught on the horror channel the other day called ' The Devils Business'. Didnt expect the movie to be as entertaining as it was. Its british movie to do with the occult. Seemingly all little known or unknown actors, obviously shot on a minimal budget but none the less it was pretty damn good. The sort of comic relief in the film put me in mind of Rodney from only fools or Neil from Inbetweeners.
23/11/2014, 06:22
(27/04/2014, 15:04)jinxonlineentert Wrote:  Dead snow is just a joke of a film lol. I remember giving that film a chance and one of the funniest shot i have ever seen....a Zombie gets clotheslined hahah so stupid.

I had almost forgotten about this film (how the heck did that happen, it was a rare breed, a horror comedy that was both really good and actually funny). Have just got a hold of the sequel Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead. Im expecting big things from it. Will post my review once i have watched it.
07/12/2014, 00:21
Its taken a couple of weeks for me to get round to it but i have finally watched Dead Snow 2. Verdict: one of the funniest horror movies i have seen in a long, long time. Hell, its even one of the funniest comedies i have seen in a long time. Was howling with laughter at regullar intervals. I need to rewatch the first to compare the two but this was outstanding. Highly recommended. Its bonkers like the first but all the better for it. Highly recommended. Next up on the viewing agenda, VHS viral. Time too if it is really as bad as a lot of critics are saying. I thought the first was a little hit ad miss but loved the second.
17/01/2015, 02:28
Finally got some new horrors to include on this thread, not had any for a while.
First one,
It Follows

Simple idea but looks quite interesting, the start of the trailer makes it seem like some teen drama though lol
Wrymwood

A clearly insane Australian horror film, looks quite entertaining though.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
03/07/2015, 22:08
This thread has not been touched for a little while so i thought that i would pick it up where jesslloydfan kindly left off with the film 'It Follows'. After watching the film a few weeks ago i have gotta say that i didnt hate the film but the claims by many critics thaat this is, well, the mutts nuts, for me, couldnt be more off. An interesting concept, i admit the concept of an entity constantly following you that can appear as pretty much anyone that never stops coming for you iis both inventive and entertaining. Unfortunnatly thats where my praise for the film begins and ends. For me a 1 watch only deal.
03/07/2015, 23:47
I've not been back to this thread for a while because I didn't find any new horror films to mention. I have seen Wrymwood (one mentioned in a previous post) and it's a good film, a bit mental but an entertaining horror/comedy. Would recommend that one.
Actually one yet to be posted, Sinister 2

Don't watch that trailer if you have not seen the first.

gymaddict69
04/07/2015, 13:21
Horrors have been a little thin on the ground of late havn't they, jesslloydfan. Its strange yo should mention Wyrmwood as i was planning on watching that this weekend. Have had it sitting in a pile for a good few weeks. Reviews seem largely positive. Hope its good, will post a review after.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 jesslloydfan
08/07/2015, 00:20
There is a distinct lack of horror films lately, I even check YouTube for random horror trailers and don't find many. Watched See no evil recently, but that's not new, and it is intact a bit shit. I think Wrymwood is one of the better recent horror films.

I did forget one, crimson peak 

This one looks promising, made by Guilermo Del Toro and the cast is good.

gymaddict69