Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pub landlord refuses to remove golliwog dolls despite complaints

15/02/2018, 13:55 (This post was last modified: 15/02/2018, 13:58 by ReedeFox.)
Pub landlord refuses to remove golliwog dolls despite complaints
The landlord of the White Hart pub in Grays, Essex is in shit with customers after they discovered his vast collection of golliwog dolls behind the bar.

[Image: 2bb1n]

Chris Ryley and his braindead-looking wife Benice were contacted by the council after a customer anonymously complained about the 15 dolls that hang in the pub.

[Image: 2bb1u]

As anyone with any fucking sense knows, golliwog dolls are racist as fuck and have no business being hung up in a pub. Golliwog dolls were named after a blackface minstrel-like character in Florence Kate Upton and Bertha Upton's 1895 book, The Adventures of Two Dutch Dolls and a Golliwogg.

[Image: 2bb1m]

Chris said he doesn't understand what all the fuss is about and is refusing to take the dolls down. He said:

Quote:The head of licensing at the council phoned to tell me a complaint had been made and said the same person had also gone to the police. He asked me, would I consider taking them down. I was shocked - I told the council I would think about it, but I cannot see how I have committed an offence, so they are here to stay.

Since we have had them up behind the bar in the past three years, there has only ever been two complaints. One was from a Canadian lady who said, 'Those would not be allowed back in my country.'Another was from an English woman who insisted they were racist, despite no one else in the pub agreeing with her, including a black man who was drinking in here at the time.

It's all about political correctness isn't it? Children can't play conkers anymore or have snowball fights in case they are hurt.

In a last ditch attempt to sound less racist, Chris also added that the pub sometimes provides catering for Indian weddings. What next mate? Free drinks for every black guy person that comes in? Chris's wife, Benice, also thinks the complaints are ridiculous, adding "at the end of the day, if they are offended by them, they know where the door is".

[Image: 2bb1q]

A spokesperson for Thurrock Council confirmed that a complaint had been made, but said they were unable to comment because the investigation is ongoing. I mean I know Chris said it wasn't illegal to have them, but why would anyone WANT them? They're ugly, racist, and offensive to any normal person. One thing's for sure; if I'm ever in Grays, Essax, I shan't be patronising The White Hart.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
15/02/2018, 14:26
RE: Pub landlord refuses to remove golliwog dolls despite complaints
Can't even be racist any more!

Bloody feminists...

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to StrumSolo for this post:
FantasticMR