Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's official! Vaping causes cancer!

31/01/2018, 13:28
It's official! Vaping causes cancer!
Over the past few years, people have been moving aways from the cigs and reaching for the vape pen. It was sold as being a healthy alternative to normal ciggies and that it won't give you the health problems that smoking does. Well, it looks like it's all been a big fat lie because vaping actually does cause cancer.

[Image: 2b3zo]

A new study from New York University exposed human and mice lung cells and bladders to vape smoke to discover what happened, and saw that the vape smoke caused the cells to mutate. Here’s what the official conclusion of the study said:

Quote:Based on these results, we propose that E-cigarette vapour is carcinogenic and that E-cig smokers have a higher risk than nonsmokers to develop lung and bladder cancer and heart disease.

At the risk of sounding smug, I can't say I'm surprised. I personally never trust anything that's sold as 'healthy' without being properly tested over many years. Obviously not smoking at all is the best way to go, but if you must chuff away, I've heard roll-ups are ever-so-slightly better, but that's like saying 'would you rather be punched in the balls, or punched in the face?' It's all shit!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ReedeFox for this post:
loadsofposts69
31/01/2018, 13:54 (This post was last modified: 31/01/2018, 14:01 by StrumSolo.)
RE: It's official! Vaping causes cancer!
Also from that report: "Researchers also reveal that while most inhaled nicotine is broken down into a non-toxic chemical called cotinine, which is eventually excreted in urine, a small proportion, less than 10 per cent, is believed to be metabolised into nitrosamines and their derivatives, which include NNAL (the carcinogenic)."

And another recent study showed that e-cig smokers had 97% less NNAL in their bodies than tobacco smokers.

I quit smoking and started vaping just over a year ago.  Never presumed it to be completely harmless, but nothing here suggests that the odds aren't still massively stacked in my non-cig smoking favour.  Feel loads better for it too.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
31/01/2018, 14:00
It's not the act of vaping that irks me, people can do what they want to their bodies but it's the assumption that I've seen from a lot of vape smokers. 

Lets be clear, you do not look cool vaping. Stop making such a spectacle out of doing it. It's not everyone, I know a few vapers Scotty included who do it for it's purpose but out and about in town centres you see these folks creating huge plume sof smoke and casting them across where people are walking. Regardless of the difference in the damage on health form smoking it's still not good and these cunts think everyone wants to see and small their fruity plumes. They don't and it is as anti social as smoking so keep it to yourselves.

I'm so angry thinking about them that I'm off to smoke some weed.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Shut up!(0) Add Thank You
31/01/2018, 14:01
(31/01/2018, 14:00)FantasticMR Wrote:  It's not the act of vaping that irks me, people can do what they want to their bodies but it's the assumption that I've seen from a lot of vape smokers. 

Lets be clear, you do not look cool vaping. Stop making such a spectacle out of doing it. It's not everyone, I know a few vapers Scotty included who do it for it's purpose but out and about in town centres you see these folks creating huge plume sof smoke and casting them across where people are walking. Regardless of the difference in the damage on health form smoking it's still not good and these cunts think everyone wants to see and small their fruity plumes. They don't and it is as anti social as smoking so keep it to yourselves.

I'm so angry thinking about them that I'm off to smoke some weed.

Agreed.

Fuck those guys.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Add Thank You