Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

You can now book a table at Greggs for Valentine's Day

30/01/2018, 11:55 (This post was last modified: 30/01/2018, 11:55 by ReedeFox.)
You can now book a table at Greggs for Valentine's Day
If your Mrs has high expectations for Valentine's Day and prefers a swanky restaurant by candlelight, you may want to avoid this one. However, if she loves a sausage roll and a steak & cheese slice, you could be onto a winner! Greggs has just announced that they will be taking reservations for table bookings this Valentine's Day and people are going batshit.

[Image: 2b3ht]

For the first time ever, Greggs ill be opening their takeaway restaurants to the table service experience. Here’s what a spokesman said:

Quote:For the first time in our history, we wanted to offer the public the opportunity to enjoy their Valentine’s Day evening in the comfort of their local Greggs. This is the ultimate Valentine’s treat for the Greggs fan in your life.The one-night-only menu will be made entirely from your favourite products but given a special Valentine’s twist. Sausage rolls and romance can go hand in hand. Whether you’re on a first date or have been married for 30 years, we guarantee it will be a night to remember.

I don't doubt it will be a night to remember, but if my other half took me to Greggs for a pasty for Valentine's Day though, I'd be fucking livid. Then again, I'm not the biggest lover of 'beige food', although their sausage rolls are pretty tasty.

[Image: 2b3hu]

If you're wondering what's on the menu for this special occasion - The meal begins with a selection of canapés featuring seasoned pork and puff pastry slider, steak & blue cheese en croute, katsu tortilla wrap, Mexican chicken chipotle spoon, béchamel toasted honey cured ham square and tomato gazpacho. Not bad. For the main course you will be served a puff pastry parcel with spiced potato slices, spinach leaves and sunblush tomatoes. For dessert you’ll receive a Belgian dark chocolate brownie, raspberry and almond bite and caramel shortbread. Plus you'll get a bott;e of prosecco to drink throughout your meal. The best thing about this experience is the price. For all of that food and a bottle of bubbly, you'll pay just 15 quid for two. That's only £7.50 per person. Bargain!

[Image: 2b3hv]

Unfortunately for some, this experience isn’t going to be available in every Greggs bakery and will only be available in certains shops in Manchester, Cardiff, London, Newcastle and Glasgow. Bad luck if you don't live in one of those cities. It looks like you'll have to book a proper restaurant instead!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
30/01/2018, 12:14
RE: You can now book a table at Greggs for Valentine's Day
A definate case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Friday for this post:
ReedeFox
30/01/2018, 16:57
I would think that there's a good chance of having your photo taken for a tabloid if you do turn up on the day. So a very thoughtful gift if your girl is an aspiring model Biggrin
Add Thank You
31/01/2018, 13:15
haha. I can imagine a few chubby channel gals begging their blokes to take them for a bit of press. Naming no names of course. ah shit, I sound proper cunty. ah well, I'll live with it.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Add Thank You