Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tom Hardy's 90s rap mixtape resurfaces

19/01/2018, 14:26 (This post was last modified: 19/01/2018, 14:27 by ReedeFox.)
Tom Hardy's 90s rap mixtape resurfaces
Tom Hardy's rap mixtape from the 1990s has resurfaced and it's actually pretty good.

[Image: 2azjk]

Tom describes the 18 tracks as being "made in a bedroom" but "never really finished" and says that it was "an important time for me to stand on my own and do what I thought was important." Tom went by the pseudonym Tommy No 1 on the tape that were written and produced by Edward Tracy aka Eddie Too Tall.

[Image: 2azjb]

Here's his track Free as fuck:

After Tom Hardy got into acting, the tapes just slipped into obscurity, but we might get to see Tom rapping again one day, but only as part of a character. Here's what Tom Hardy told the BBC:

Quote:Because I come from a nice middle-class neighbourhood it was a very hard sell and I wasn’t very good!I used to be with the guy who managed Leela James and Lauren Hill, Pras, The Fugees and all that. I worked out with (Grammy winning producers) Warren Riker and Gordon Williams. I’ve recorded loads of stuff but it’s never been released.I’ve got albums, man. My best friend Peanut, he grew up in the south Bronx. He’s a very good MC and we still play. It’ll come out in a film one day, it’ll come out in a character somewhere.

I reckon a movie about a middle class dude trying to make it as a rapper would actually be pretty interesting.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You