Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Corpses are dug up, dressed and photographed for bizarre tribe tradition

08/01/2018, 14:10 (This post was last modified: 08/01/2018, 14:12 by ReedeFox.)
Corpses are dug up, dressed and photographed for bizarre tribe tradition
It's pretty devastating when a family member of friend dies. Most people in the civilised world would bury or cremate their loved ones but not people of the Tarajan tribe in South Sulawesi region of Indonesia. This lot dig up the bodies of their family, dress them and photograph them instead. And yes, it's as creepy as it sounds.

[Image: 2auyq]

The people in the tribe believe in something called the ‘Cleaning Of The Corpse Ceremony’. This means that they dress the corpses up in cool clothes and give them props like cigarettes, sunglasses and phones. Then they take pictures with them like they're still there. It's just fucking weird!

[Image: 2auyo]

Apparently this bizarre tradition began over a hundred years ago when a hunter named Pong Rumasek stumbled upon a corpse in the mountains under a tree. He decided to dress the body in his own clothes and give it a decent burial and was apparently rewarded with good fortune afterwards. Now everyone does it in the hope that they'll receive good fotune. Don't worry about the health hazzards of hanging out with dead people either, as the tribes people wear masks. That's ok then.

[Image: 2auyr] [Image: 2auys] [Image: 2auyt]

Yeah, I don't think I'll be digging up my dead relatives anytime soon.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
08/01/2018, 14:20
RE: Corpses are dug up, dressed and photographed for bizarre tribe tradition
The dead baby pic is a bit much for me.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You