Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Designated Survivor
06/01/2018, 00:11
Designated Survivor

Oh the joys of the just pre / post chrstmas tv wasteland. Many shows either having finished their runs before christmas or on a break until god knows when. What are we mere mortals meant to watch. A few days ago, an aquaintance of mine suggested giving 'Designated Survivor' starring Keifer Sutherland a looksee. He advised me that if i liked '24' that i would enjoy this as well..boy, was he on the money with this..THIS SHOW IS FANTASTIC. 3 days after discovering and now 11 episodes in already, the entire fam and i are hooked. Without giving much away, Keifer stars as us congresman who, as a result of a devestating attack on the us government, as the desigannted survivor at that particular time (dont worry..the show explains in full early on how it works), winds up being promoted to president. Naturally the story doesnt stop there..far from it. The show certainly does have a '24' kinda feel to it but different at the same time. Featuring a fantastic ccast (not a weak link among em)..every episode to this poin has had us glued from start to finish. Am gonna crack on with this further tommorow, but to this point, i cannot recommend this show enough.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 dony
08/01/2018, 01:22
RE: Designated Survivor
i actually saw this on netflix and the only reason i was thinking about watching it is because jack bauer was in it lol, and after reading what u said and knowing i like 24, along with having not one series to watch atm im gona get started tonight, good post dude
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
12/01/2018, 22:46
Don't get me wrong Dony, ther are certainly similarities with '24' but also just as many differences. The drama during season 1 certainly has a '24' style tension and build to it and with shades of Jack Bauer's temper coming through in Keifer's president character..could almost swear, when he loses his temper, that he could be mistaken for Jack (minus the torture etc..). I have taken the show as far as i can / all up to date with it (season 2 episode 10..wound up watching in excess of 30 episodes in less than 1 and a half weeks). Season 1 was fantastic. Season 2 so far (scheduled to resume its run late feb i believe) has lost a fair bit of its tension and im not too sure about some of the comedic, lighter hearted elements being introduced but, that said, its still very good (just the sub plot so far this season dragging things down a bit).
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 dony
15/01/2018, 02:21
yeah u was right defo some similarities about it, almost everything is like 24, pretty good series so far, u the reason im watching it , nice one, on about 3rd episode so far so good
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
Yesterday, 22:38
Glad you are enjoying DS so far, Dony. Granted it may not have the same level of action or violence as 24 (well, for the most part). Think the similarities lie in the story build/construction, tension building and very strong characters that compliment that . Slight backtrack on what i saiid about season 2 as i fell asleep half way through the mid season break episode of season 2. Rewatched and oh boy..did that episode turn out to be an an unpredictable game changer of an episode at the very end. Pretty sure the show returns at thetail end of feb..needs to hurry up.