Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Study shows that Dry January is an utter waste of time

05/01/2018, 11:26
Study shows that Dry January is an utter waste of time
So you've pigged out over Christmas and think the best way to ease your guilt would be to take part in dry January?! It's a good idea in theory - give up booze for a bit, give yourself a health kick. But just how effective is dry January? As it so happens, it's an absolute waste of time.

[Image: 2at91]

Studies have shown that abstaining from booze for a month won't actually have any benefit to your health whatsoever, at least according to Dr. Ian Hamilton, a lecturer in mental wellbeing in the Department of Health Sciences at the University of York. Here's what he had to say:

Quote:People think having done Dry January, that’s it, job done and now for the rest of the year I can just return to my normal habits.I think what would be more beneficial to the vast majority of people is to try and go for two or three sober days a week throughout the year where they abstain from alcohol, rather than trying to fit it all in to one month.My main concern is not what benefits people see during January, but what they will do to their body’s after completing the challenge.

[Image: 2at93]

If there was ever a better excuse for not taking part in dry January, this is it. Plus you get to wipe the smug smiles off the faces of those who think they're so high and mighty for not drinking. Being teetotal doesn't make you cool, it makes you dull!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ReedeFox for this post:
FantasticMR
05/01/2018, 12:17
RE: Study shows that Dry January is an utter waste of time
Yeah not a fan of these dry January and Stoptober fads. I love a drink but I also know when that shit has gotten too much and I need to calm it back down a bit. People need to listen to their bodies more instead of treating them like something that can be fixed with a hash tag.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
05/01/2018, 16:15
(05/01/2018, 12:17)FantasticMR Wrote:  Yeah not a fan of these dry January and Stoptober fads. I love a drink but I also know when that shit has gotten too much and I need to calm it back down a bit. People need to listen to their bodies more instead of treating them like something that can be fixed with a hash tag.

Fucking gaylord.

[Image: 2tzcx]

Add Thank You
05/01/2018, 16:23
(05/01/2018, 16:15)Hilary Briss Wrote:  
(05/01/2018, 12:17)FantasticMR Wrote:  Yeah not a fan of these dry January and Stoptober fads. I love a drink but I also know when that shit has gotten too much and I need to calm it back down a bit. People need to listen to their bodies more instead of treating them like something that can be fixed with a hash tag.

Fucking gaylord. 

#NewYearNewBriss

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Add Thank You
05/01/2018, 16:25
reyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, see there's a chap who ain't changing for no one.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Shut up!(0) Add Thank You
05/01/2018, 17:35
fuckin homos

[Image: 2tzcx]

Add Thank You