Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel's Runaways
16/12/2017, 11:29
Marvel's Runaways

Got around to start waching Marvel's latest stab at tv (another one i here you say..they really are putting it about nowadays lol) 'Marvels Runaways' the other day and suprisingly, 3 episodes in and its not bad at all. Doubt very much its destined to become a classic but its pretty entertaining and most importantly for me, it a step up from a lot of the tosh Marvels tv offerings seem to churn out. How to describe it without spoiling..bunch of american high school / college kids, some who are not all they appear to be discover that their parents are infact evil. An interesting concept that, a few episodes in, is gonna ensure i watch the remainder of the series. Recommend giving it a looksee.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 dony
20/12/2017, 03:55
RE: Marvel's Runaways
the fact this is only on hulu just sucks, but im sure i will find a way around not paying for a hulu subscription, and the series looks interesting, will give it a watch looks like it could be a little like gifted, good post
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
22/12/2017, 23:48
Unlike 'The Gifted' which can be very much action orientated on occassion, while there are very rare spatterings of action it does do rather well in other areas ie: solid peformances from both the young and adult cast alike, a pretty novel concept coupled with the fact that the whole thing seems to be flowing very well..couldnt and wouldnt call a single episode a let doown or boring..its all very solid stuff. Yeah, it blows that its only on hulu..suffice too say there are other means (not that id promote them on here but think you know what im getting at).
 dony
07/01/2018, 17:01
With only 1 episode to go now of this, this has, too this point, been a pretty darn solid series, Trying something a little different with a Marvel product and in my opinion, it has succeeded. Hopefully this will lead to further seasons. Will be interesting to see what kinda busness it has done for Hulu, dont know if thats hurt it, but given how promising a show it has been, if Hulu drops it owing to less than stellar viewing numbers, maybe a more mainstream channel or service will pick it up. Roll on the finale (boo).
 dony
08/01/2018, 01:18
still cant find this anywhere and i dont have hulu so im trying to find it on a online site, but looks like they closing them all down now, hopefully it comes to another service so i can watch it
gymaddict69
12/01/2018, 22:39
Gotta say Dony, i don't aquire episodes of this via streaming in any way shape or form..more of by other,er, frowned upon means (as so many do..hopefully you know what im talking about). Its just a hunch but i suspect that this probably wont crop up on other more mainstream services..just a hunch but a pretty sound one i think. Watched the season 1 finale the other day and whilst it was entertaining in its own right, really was hoping for more from the inevitable confrontation. That said this has been, for me, one of the more solid Marvel television adaptations and fans of the show..aparently it has been green lit for  season 2, consisting of 13 episodes vs season 1's 10.
 dony
15/01/2018, 02:25
oh ok well i try to get everything for free and finally found a good site for it, really liking the series so far really feels just like gifted, only power i can remember is that girl has super strength looking forward to seeing what everyone can do, and yeah i got u on that hint dude lol thanks
gymaddict69
19/01/2018, 02:10
just got done watching another episode of runaways and im really liking it so far, im at the part where they start to go against there own dad and mom and told them they will fight them if they have to, crazy should be good episodes ahead
gymaddict69
19/01/2018, 22:42
Glad ya cottoned on too what i was getting at in terms of procuring the episodes, Dony. In addition am glad that you are enjoying the show. Its just a damn shame that the season was only / is only 10 episodes long..it's just not long enough. It's great news though that the show has been green lit for a second season.
20/01/2018, 20:40
I was going to watch this, but then it turned out that there was no UK network or provider actually showing it (and still isn’t). May have to resort to alternative means to try this, heard it got good reviews overall and seemed to be popular, for the few who could access Hulu to actually see it.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69