Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Study confirms man flu is actually real!

12/12/2017, 13:19
Study confirms man flu is actually real!
Women have been taking the piss out of blokes and their 'man flu' for years but it looks the ladies will have to eat a massive slice of humble pie as studies have shown that man flu is actually a real thing.

[Image: 2aivh]

A recent article published in the British Medical Journal has argued that man flu might actually have some basis in science. The study, conducted by Dr. Kyle Sue of the University of Newfoundland, looked at snotty people Hong Kong, and the difference between how men and women respond to seasonal flu. Using data for seasonal influenza in Hong Kong, the doctors discovered adult men had a higher risk of hospital admission if they contracted flu. They also found that men had higher rates of influenza associated deaths compared with women in the same age groups. Looks like women really are made of stronger stuff.

[Image: 2aivg]

Studies of the flu vaccines in mice also showed that females respond better to the vaccine than males. The study also discusses an immunity gap, which is the idea that blokes just have weaker immune systems than women. It's not all bad though; you can help keep man flu at bay by eating healthier, smoking less and actually going to the doctor when you have a problem instead of doing the bloke thing and ignoring the issue until it goes away. Maybe that's why women live longer!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
12/12/2017, 21:21
RE: Study confirms man flu is actually real!
Yes men hate seeing doctors and going to hospitals. If you ignore it then it will go away eventually is our usual motto.

Luckily I am an exception and went to the doctors with a lesion on my head, against everyone else's advice who said it was nothing and not worth bothering about. Many of those people were women ironically. 

It turned out to be skin cancer and I had a massive invisible flat tumour which meant having most of my forehead removed and reconstructed again from my scalp with plastic surgery. Looking on the bright side though, the surgery was successful and I am now discharged and I will never need Botox in my life as I have been left with a forehead that is as smooth as a baby's bottom now. Result!
Add Thank You
12/12/2017, 21:25
Another silver cloud to my story was that I also made my surgeon's day. He said it was the most impressive tumour he had ever seen and kept saying he wished he had brought his camera in that day to record it for medical science. Had me slightly worried though, seeing as I was awake when he kept saying this and I was the only one who couldn't see it. May not have been the BEST thing to say to the patient perhaps.
Add Thank You
13/12/2017, 12:02
Man flu is real yo! I'm in the pits of it right now. Well not flu but feeling like absolute balls.

I need a nurse.

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You