Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dirty business tactics that you never knew existed

28/11/2017, 14:24 (This post was last modified: 28/11/2017, 15:57 by ReedeFox.)
Dirty business tactics that you never knew existed
Some businesses are so darn sneaky that you don't even know you're being shafted until you're bent over with your trousers round your ankles. Here are some prime examples of dirty business tactics that you might want to be on the lookout for. Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - I'm a fucking idiot! Don't fall for these companies dirty tricks!

Quote:If you're buying a used car - or any car for that matter, the check engine light should temporarily come on when you start the vehicle. If it doesn't, the dash has been tampered with to mask a potential issue.

Quote:I worked in the collections department of Discover Card for a while. One thing they did to lure customers to them is offer 0% APR for the first year. People would jump on this and transfer all their debt onto their new Discover Card, and then the company would "conveniently" not send the first month's bill. In the fine print of the agreement, it states that if you miss even one payment in that first year, your APR will jump to 29.95%. Half of my calls were to these new customers who would then proceed to throw a fit, because they didn't ever get the bill, and I had to explain to them that it was their job to know when the bill was due, and sending one was just a courtesy extended by the company. I hated hated hated that job. It ate away at my soul.

[Image: 2ab54]

Quote:I was a waitress at a family-owned restaurant that paid me $0.10 more than the minimum wage. They were able to require me to turn over all tips that I never saw again because they paid me over minimum wage. I think this is technically legal, but sleazy nonetheless. I made really great tips and it was hard turning the money over. It's also pretty deceptive to the customer, who thinks their money is going to the wait staff, not the restaurant.

Quote:If you're buying a used car and it's parked over a puddle - they don't want you to look underneath.

Quote:The higher priced items like prime rib and seafood is typically at the end of the buffet line and cheaper more filling options like bread and mashed potatoes are at the front. They hope you fill up your plate space/stomach space by the time you get to the high ticket items.

[Image: 2ab55]

Quote:It's not dirty as it's legal but there is a reason that stores ask you to donate some amount to a charity or fund. They can use your donation to help them get a tax write off.

Quote:Some companies on Amazon will offer to refund your purchase of their item on paypal if you give them a good review. That way it still looks like a varified purchase through Amazon.

Quote:Some telemarketers will ask if you can hear or understand them. if you say yes, they'll call back and say that you ordered their product with a recording of you saying yes.

What a bunch of dirty thieving robbing bastards!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
28/11/2017, 14:52
RE: Dirty business tactics that never knew existed
Some girls go on the interwebs and insist that you pay them before they show flange.

Bastards.

Skint again.

[Image: 2tzcx]

Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Hilary Briss for this post:
FantasticMR
28/11/2017, 15:38
(28/11/2017, 14:52)Hilary Briss Wrote:  Some girls go on the interwebs and insist that you pay them before they show flange.

Bastards.

Skint again.

Not cool! You should get a glimpse of the goodies before you cough up the cash. You don't want to end up paying for something that looks like a punched lasagne.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Add Thank You
28/11/2017, 16:39
(28/11/2017, 15:38)ReedeFox Wrote:  
(28/11/2017, 14:52)Hilary Briss Wrote:  Some girls go on the interwebs and insist that you pay them before they show flange.

Bastards.

Skint again.

Not cool! You should get a glimpse of the goodies before you cough up the cash. You don't want to end up paying for something that looks like a punched lasagne. 

Or something from Braveheart.

[Image: 2tzcx]

Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Hilary Briss for this post:
ReedeFox