Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New Pop Up Boxes
15/10/2017, 17:45
RE: The New Pop Up Boxes
(15/10/2017, 13:10)Outlaw1987 Wrote:  Is it just me, or is it a bit of a coincidence, that since these new pop-up notifications were introduced, Rampant hasn't been working properly?, keeps freezing, or taking about 10 years to load anything, regardless if you're using the old, or new video player

A great big NO ITS NOT JUST YOU for ya Outlaw!!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15/10/2017, 18:02
You have to love, how they introduce new features, that are untested, at weekend's, when there's no tech support around, to fix any issues that may arrise from them, they should introduce them on a Monday, & that way, we stand a chance, of reporting any glitches/gremlins

[Image: Rampant_Sig1_3_zpskdelgeup.jpg]
16/10/2017, 11:36
The loading time issues and streams freezing and hanging have been going on for a few weeks now, before the pop up box was implemented. I think its mainly been from when the whole site got updated to the new style
17/10/2017, 15:19
The pop-up boxes are back, but more detailed than they were, I can see them being helpful, in a way, but some are appearing far too frequently, was speaking with @jamesl0086 on the chat box about them, & he said about possibly being able to customize them, so they only appear for girls you like, which I think is a great shout, making them selective/optional, as if 2 appear at the same time, then the chat box is covered

[Image: Rampant_Sig1_3_zpskdelgeup.jpg]
17/10/2017, 18:44
I think the question has to be who wanted the bloody annoying things anyway (I know I didn't) they do nothing but disrupt the page, interfere with chat box, everything worked fine before these came along so there was no need for this stupid change, its just unneeded gimmicky bullshit and again you have to look at the purpose it serves, it not there just to inform people a girl is free it is there to gain more calls to a line thus costing those who don't get through in the belief so and so is free a few quid just to find out she is in fact busy again!

Don't be fooled as to why its there, it is definitely not to be a help to us imo!!

You're no good for me, I don't need nobody
Don't need no one, that's no good for me
17/10/2017, 23:24
Ourstar, that is possible but also the most cynical of the reasons for it. Where I am thinking it might prove useful is that it doesn't just tell you for the stream you are on but the other feeds also. Its possible there are a few channels you are interested in but you can now use the pop up to go back to a relevant stream see if she is indeed off the phone and call. Just a thought
18/10/2017, 02:19
(17/10/2017, 23:24)JamezZ Wrote:  Ourstar, that is possible but also the most cynical of the reasons for it. Where I am thinking it might prove useful is that it doesn't just tell you for the stream you are on but the other feeds also. Its possible there are a few channels you are interested in but you can now use the pop up to go back to a relevant stream see if she is indeed off the phone and call. Just a thought

I could very well be wrong buddy, in some ways I hope I am, your idea/thought is very reasonable but one thing we all should not forget is the nature of this beast we are discussing here!!

You're no good for me, I don't need nobody
Don't need no one, that's no good for me
21/10/2017, 00:11
True Ourstar, but seeing as we ultimately have little control I suppose looking on the more optimistic side is all we have :)

I certainly don't think there is much incentive for any of the channels to do things that would burn through customers money for no service. Repeat business would be non-existent after all.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JamezZ for this post:
 Ourstar82
22/10/2017, 12:38
I don't have a problem with giving information about when a girl is free and thereby suggesting why not give her a call. What I do object to is the intrusion it gives by of placing it over the chat box in such a large box, so when 2 or 3 stack up it is totally obscured.

Please find somewhere else to put it that does not interfere with people using the chat box function and negative comments about it should dwindle.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GrandDuke for this post:
jamesl0086
22/10/2017, 14:45
I fully agree with GD's comment. The pop ups can be useful as they show up as soon as a girl becomes free and not at random. It is just the positioning that's annoying. If there was a dedicated space for them where they were shown in succession and not being stacked then all would be fine IMO.
Clearly the above does not apply if you never call the girls as you couldn't care less if a girl is available or not. In that case pop ups will only be a nuisance.