Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Going to the World Cup XI
11/10/2017, 13:45
Not Going to the World Cup XI
This might need revising once the play-offs are out of the way, but with nations such as Holland and Chile already eliminated, there's a mounting list of elite players who can start making alternative arrangements for summer 2018 now.

[Image: AZPeH7sdLw8shdAcEFNVhXfEZtyW6RBQ4cNS13Ca...dc0278510c]

Some team, that, and it's a shame they'll not have the opportunity to do their thing on the biggest stage of all.  Maybe they could get together, head to the far east and make a few quid on the exhibition match circuit whilst everyone else is in Russia?  Might soften the blow a bit...

[Image: 29xis]  
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14/11/2017, 18:50 (This post was last modified: 14/11/2017, 18:55 by ScottyRampant.)
RE: Not Going to the World Cup XI
Now with added distraught Italians...

[Image: C5vWxJn26LOlyhJQ4KYSD7zjw8NMizlgVsP7OX03...12cc03b1ce]

Knocked out last night by Sweden, Italy will be absent from a World Cup finals for the first time since 1958. A massive shock, but where do you stand on the likes of them and Holland missing out? Do you think the tournament will suffer, or are you finding the situation too hilarious to care either way?

Shut up!(0) Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14/11/2017, 20:50
I think in the past the tournament would have suffered drastically. But I guess that answers it really. There are so many good teams now at an international level that the 'classic big teams' are just some of many. 

I think it will be weird to not have them in it, but the quality of the football won't suffer
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JamezZ for this post:
ScottyRampant
15/11/2017, 02:27
I would include Duffy at centre back in your first line up Scotty in place of Blind, think he would be the only one apart from Bale in a combined UK and Ireland who I would have liked to have seen there (well apart from maybe Propper, Norwood and any other Brighton player playing international football) obvious bias on my part lol

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
ScottyRampant
15/11/2017, 09:50
(15/11/2017, 02:27)burns72 Wrote:  I would include Duffy at centre back in your first line up Scotty in place of Blind, think he would be the only one apart from Bale in a combined UK and Ireland who I would have liked to have seen there (well apart from maybe Propper, Norwood and any other Brighton player playing international football) obvious bias on my part lol

Well he still had a chance of going to the world cup when the first one went up!

Obviously that's all gone to shit now, and in more bad news for the lad he isn't getting in the team over Bonucci or Chellini.

15/11/2017, 10:12
(14/11/2017, 20:50)JamezZ Wrote:  I think in the past the tournament would have suffered drastically. But I guess that answers it really. There are so many good teams now at an international level that the 'classic big teams' are just some of many. 

I think it will be weird to not have them in it, but the quality of the football won't suffer

Yep.

And mostly just thankful we're not one of the big names missing out really...

15/11/2017, 18:28
Maybe the Italians are a little better, but a bigger shock not to be there are the Italians and they would have done better than England who I expect to exit the group stage again, as I have no faith in the walking contradiction that is Gareth Southgate picking players who have been injured or not in form rather than form players! Let's look for another foreign coach sack off the must be English brigade.

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
15/11/2017, 21:45
I am really torn over the England team. I think for the first time in 8 or so years we have some really great English talent all starting to flourish at the same time. It could be a great team if put together well.

But I am not convinced by Southgate either, I fear even if he picks a great team he just doesn't know how to make it all fit together
16/11/2017, 14:04
(15/11/2017, 21:45)JamezZ Wrote:  I am really torn over the England team. I think for the first time in 8 or so years we have some really great English talent all starting to flourish at the same time. It could be a great team if put together well.

But I am not convinced by Southgate either, I fear even if he picks a great team he just doesn't know how to make it all fit together

Think Southgate's vaguely on the right track, but i'd say it'll be another couple of years before he can pick a squad that'll properly challenge.

Not expecting big things from this World Cup.