Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blade runner any reviews
09/10/2017, 23:27
blade runner any reviews
okay is it possible to get a fair unbiased reviwe with no spoilers. i have read many reviews of the new blade runner 2049 and to be honest they seem to be good from people who i would regard as blade runnner anoraks and know everything about the first film and presumably were always going to love the new one.
or terrible reviews ( and i do mean terrible ) and reading between the lines ( yeah i do that ) i got the impression they either expected too much or were actually offended that someone mess wiht a film they considered a personal friend.
i would appreciate anyone who has been to see it and did not have an opinion of what it should have been before they went to see it.
actually all reviews are welcome but if you can give a quick intro of where you stood on the original to give me some kind of rational.
stjohn
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to stjohn66 for this post:
gymaddict69
10/10/2017, 01:50
RE: blade runner any reviews
i havent even seen the first blade runner yet, do i need to see it or isit just a remake, i saw the trailer last night on tv and it looked proper sick i need to see this but dont want to see it until i see the first one if it continues on
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
13/10/2017, 22:58
Afraid you cant count on a review of the new Blade Runner from me any time soon, stjohn66 as have no intention of seeing this at the cinema and when i do (at home) it will be fuelled by curiosity. Despite the tidal wave of stellar reviews coming from the critics personally im sceptical as given the fact that i have never managed to watc the original film in just one sitting, im a little wary of the sequel. Have seen it a couple of times over the years but it kept on putting me to sleep so had to watch in 2 halves each time. Think is was owing to, despite being gorgeous to look at, having a fantastic soundtrack and some heavy hitter names..i was just bored each time..found it very, very plodding. I dont mind plodding so long as its interesting and/or keeps my interest which sadly the original did not.
15/10/2017, 14:47
(10/10/2017, 01:50)dony Wrote:  i havent even seen the first blade runner yet, do i need to see it or isit just a remake, i saw the trailer last night on tv and it looked proper sick i need to see this but dont want to see it until i see the first one if it continues on

yeah. i really think you need to see the original first. preferably on the big screen. a harder question is which version you should see that leads on to the same style as the new one. i think there are 3 different 'CUTS' usually a mark of a bad film but in this case i think ridley scott just wanted more and more control.
15/10/2017, 14:50
(13/10/2017, 22:58)gymaddict69 Wrote:  Afraid you cant count on a review of the new Blade Runner from me any time soon, stjohn66 as have no intention of seeing this at the cinema and when i do (at home) it will be fuelled by curiosity. Despite the tidal wave of stellar reviews coming from the critics personally im sceptical as given the fact that i have never managed to watc the original film in just one sitting, im a little wary of the sequel. Have seen it a couple of times over the years but it kept on putting me to sleep so had to watch in 2 halves each time. Think is was owing to, despite being gorgeous to look at, having a fantastic soundtrack and some heavy hitter names..i was just bored each time..found it very, very plodding. I dont mind plodding so long as its interesting and/or keeps my interest which sadly the original did not.

yeah, that may be a good call. 2 hours 45 mins. i heard a review from mark kermode, but i have heard him before and he just likes big names, he met ridley scott and for ages maintained PROMETHEUS was a good film , i remember him saying " actually i enjoyed prometheus more as i was leaving the cinema " well me too, so i will not take hsi word for it. also from the people writing in to his show it sounds like it sucks.
i too will wait for a home screening.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to stjohn66 for this post:
gymaddict69
30/12/2017, 12:48
Got around to watching 'Blade Runner 2049' over christmas and it's a bit of an odd beastie. Id say that anoraks of the first film would probably appreciate it more than just your average movie viewer. Have gotta say whilst i didnt hate the film, i was very critical of it for one undeniable reason...ITS IS AND WAS, SOOO SLOW. I'd go as far as to say it was possibly one of the slowest, most plodding films i have ever wiitnessed. I understand that theres room for both frantic, adrenaline fueled scifi and for the slower, more controlled but this really did need a rocket up it's ass. Swear, i felt and was aware of virtually every minute of the films 2 and near three quarter hour run time and that aint good. This said i couldnt fault the performances, the film certainly was very good from a visual perspective and the sound work was akin to the frst film and was just as great. All this aside however, the extremely plodding nature for what, in effect was a very simplistic story means that i'll never watch it again.
30/12/2017, 13:03
yeah, i have heard that about the film ( i still have not see it. toomany mixed reviews and life is too short ) they say that the slow plodding pace reflects the slow pace of the first film and adds to the charm but the first film always had some kiond of back story going on which itself meant you needed to be involved even when there was no action. a kind of detective movie . a who dunnit. in an agatha christie they are all slow but a good one keeps you engaged. also i have heard it is a tear jerker. so i am still undecided. if and when it returns to the imax i may go. but maybe not.
stjohn
31/12/2017, 13:37
Think this follow up tries at a mystery, detective set up as well..the only teeny tiny problem being that its pretty blatantly obvious who or what the end game is (or the goal of sorts) from fairly early on. Come the conclusion (after checking the time for the 5th or 6th time..i guarantee you'll be doing that), your'e not exactly left thinking 'Oh, i didnt see that coming'. Purists of the first that enjoyed the styling and sound work will undoubtably enjoy this far more than, for example, myself, just wanting to be entertained and /or having something i can sink my proverbial teeth into. Not a film to hate but can guarantee its gonna divide given its pacing.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 stjohn66