Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

'BLACK MIRROR' CREATED THE IPHONE 8'S NEW FEATURE A LONG TIME AGO

14/09/2017, 11:53 (This post was last modified: 14/09/2017, 11:53 by ReedeFox.)
'BLACK MIRROR' CREATED THE IPHONE 8'S NEW FEATURE A LONG TIME AGO
Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that Apple have just announced the upcoming release of their brand new phones - the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X. One of the cool new features includes 'Face ID technology Animojis' which basically allows the user to create their own 3D emojis in the that are based on your own facial expressions. Pretty cool right?

Before you start patting Apple on the back for coming up with such an amazing feature, hold your horses, as it was actually an idea that was shown on an episode of Black Mirror many years ago. Fans of the show were keen to point out that the the custom emoji's were seen during the series two episode 'The Waldo Moment' in which a cartoon character decided to run for political office.

[Image: 29gg3]

Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker wasn't about to let Apple take the credit, and posted this to their Twitter account:

[Image: 29gg0]

I wonder what other Black Mirror epiodes will end up coming true?! Sadly, probably most of them. Oh how bleak!

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
14/09/2017, 11:58
RE: 'BLACK MIRROR' CREATED THE IPHONE 8'S NEW FEATURE A LONG TIME AGO
In 'The Waldo Moment' the facial expressions of the bear were controlled by joysticks used by the puppeteer for expression weren't they?

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
14/09/2017, 11:59
Or were there animated emojis elsewhere in the episode.

Add Thank You
14/09/2017, 23:26
i still think that is a pretty stupid selling point for the new iPhone X lol like do i really wanna send a voice clip of a emoji talking using my voice and facial expressions, when i could just send a voice note or a small video?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
15/09/2017, 12:10
(14/09/2017, 23:26)SirWanksAlot86 Wrote:  i still think that is a pretty stupid selling point for the new iPhone X lol like do i really wanna send a voice clip of a emoji talking using my voice and facial expressions, when i could just send a voice note or a small video?

People like to hide behind masks. Look how popular snapchat filters became. You'd never think to send your mate a video of you gassing about fuck all but if you can whack a Harry Potter filter over and act a dickhead then it makes it seem more fun.  People love being in their phones and love to share, making it silly and fun makes it easier to share.

How many of us bothered with that drawing, heartbeat etc shit from the old ios update? Some of it will stick, some wont.

Add Thank You