Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WANKY LONDON PUB DEFENDS DECISION TO CHARGE £13.40 FOR A PINT

01/09/2017, 12:09
WANKY LONDON PUB DEFENDS DECISION TO CHARGE £13.40 FOR A PINT
We all know London bar prices are a joke but this pub Borough Market is taking the fucking piss. The Rake pub has recently come under fire after it was discovered they were charging £13.40 for a pint of Cloudwater DIPA, Citra & Amarillo.

[Image: 29a02]

I mean yeah, the pint is strong at 8.2% but no pint on earth is worth that much. Customers weren't too happy as they took to Twitter to express their dismay:

[Image: 299-y][Image: 299-z] [Image: 299--]

Despite the huge backlash, Richard Din­­woodie, co-own­­er of The Rake has defended the eye-watering price tag and said the spe­­c­­­iality beer was like “a fine wine”.

Quote:We're not making a vast profit. We pay £130 for a 20 litre keg before VAT.
You can also try before you buy. Craft beer is an affordable luxury like quality wine or liquid lipstick.
We're quite up front with our prices and they're displayed on a giant TV screen.
We have other beers for less than £5.

Oh do fuck off sir! A fine wine? It's a fucking pint you utter minge! I certainly won't be visiting The Rake anytime soon.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
01/09/2017, 12:12
RE: WANKY LONDON PUB DEFENDS DECISION TO CHARGE £13.40 FOR A PINT
Would our craft beer wanking go this far Scotty? Those cloud water beers we had were good but I dont think they were 13 quid good...

Visit us @ https://www.rampant.tv/channels

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
01/09/2017, 12:37
(01/09/2017, 12:12)FantasticMR Wrote:  Would our craft beer wanking go this far Scotty? Those cloud water beers we had were good but I dont think they were 13 quid good...

What were they, £7 for 750ml? Could see how a bottle of that might end up being £13 in a pub but I can't see how they can justify that for a pint.

In summary, would not pay £13 for a pint.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Add Thank You
01/09/2017, 12:49
Alright, hyperthetically.

You go into a pub and they have Punk on tap for £11 and Elivs Juice on for £13 a pint. The other taps are "normal" London prices but they only have Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg (not export). Which of those are you buying?

Shut up!(0) Add Thank You
01/09/2017, 13:25
(01/09/2017, 12:49)FantasticMR Wrote:  Alright, hyperthetically.

You go into a pub and they have Punk on tap for £11 and Elivs Juice on for £13 a pint. The other taps are "normal" London prices but they only have Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg (not export).  Which of those are you buying?

Probably the Punk for £11, before making a swift exit to somewhere less ridiculous.

[Image: 22c_1.gif]
Add Thank You
01/09/2017, 13:30
(01/09/2017, 13:25)ScottyRampant Wrote:  
(01/09/2017, 12:49)FantasticMR Wrote:  Alright, hyperthetically.

You go into a pub and they have Punk on tap for £11 and Elivs Juice on for £13 a pint. The other taps are "normal" London prices but they only have Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg (not export).  Which of those are you buying?

Probably the Punk for £11, before making a swift exit to somewhere less ridiculous.

My thoughts exactly.

Shut up!(0) Add Thank You