Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'X-MEN: THE GIFTED' SERIES TRAILER
26/07/2017, 11:56 (This post was last modified: 26/07/2017, 12:00 by ReedeFox.)
'X-MEN: THE GIFTED' SERIES TRAILER
As a fan of the X-Men franchise, I'm not sure if I'm excited about an X-Men TV series or bloody disgusted.

[Image: 28uik]

The X-Men series will be making an appearance on Fox this year with the new series The Gifted . It will be a one hour-long drama starring Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker as the Struckers, parents of mutant children who have to take their family on the run to protect them. Though the show will be set in a separate timeline from the movies, it will still have some of the same X-Men characters. Actor Stephan Moyer, who also happens to be married to X-Men star Anna Paquin, who played Rogue, told the press at San Diego Comic Con that his wife has been helping him prepare for the role:

Quote:Anna has done four of these movies, and so she knows the world backwards. She’s worked with Bryan Singer, director of X-Men and The Gifted’s pilot on three of those occasions, so she knows Bryan extremely well, and so she’s a big fan of everything he brings to the table. She’s a big believer in doing a bunch of research. She showed me a few places she had gotten information from – not just comics, but also on the internet. As an actor, the internet is am amazing resource. We get to be able to go down the rabbit hole when it comes to research. And Marvel made comic books available to us through Marvel Unlimited, which was wonderful.

I guess if Bryan Singer is involved it might be worth a watch. Check out the trailer and see what you think:

The Gifted 
will hit our screens on October 2nd 2017.

Follow me on Twitter: @ReedeFox
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ReedeFox for this post:
 dony, gymaddict69
27/07/2017, 01:49
RE: 'X-MEN: THE GIFTED' SERIES TRAILER
Not quite 100% on the difference between 'Mutant', & 'Inhuman'?, as they're both part of the Marvel Universe, as see from Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D though, Inhumancy comes from being exposed to Teragen, & also having the Inhuman gene, whereas Mutancy seems to be a different story entirely

[Image: Rampant_Sig1_3_zpskdelgeup.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Outlaw87 for this post:
gymaddict69
27/07/2017, 02:13
niceeee i been saying for the longest time they need to do a xmen series, i think this will be really good, and the trailer looked very good to, cant wait to see this series
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
27/07/2017, 12:09
I am a big fan of the X-men movies(and Wolverine/Logan movies), so I should be on board with an X-men series.........but I am not. I will give the first few episodes a chance before deciding to keep watching.

[Image: suck-it-degeneration-x.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madpolac683 for this post:
 dony, gymaddict69
29/07/2017, 18:37
Hey, the fact that its x-men connected, i will be all over this when it airs. That said though, it'll be with baited breath as for me these shows are hit and miss. Gonna cause a little controversy this but, i do hope its far better than 'Legion'. A different looking beast by all accounts, but i just couldnt get into legion (not for want of trying..just didnt gel with me and the fam). Yet another show to add to the schedule for later this year..really dont know how im gonna find the time to watch all im planning to thats on the horizon.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 dony
03/08/2017, 01:31
i would expect that if u a fan of x men movies that u would like a series, imo series are better than movies these days, but im sure u will like the series if its anything like i think it will be like, if u like the movies
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69, madpolac683
07/08/2017, 22:04
This looks interesting, but I'm the opposite of the opinion that Bryan Singer being involved is a good thing. I think he's not been good for the X-men. Started off okay but he has no noticeable ability to do the comics justice and found the films have noticeably gotten worse.

That said this looks an improvement on the last few X-men films though, would like it if they made some attempt at a coherent continuity between all the shows and films though. Because right now it's confusing as hell and makes zero sense.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
12/08/2017, 22:16
The x men universe as far as the movies and the tv series past and to cme..things are all kinda all over the shop, continuty wise. Im not gonna knock Singer's involvement with the x men movies (1st was ok, 2nd was pretty darn good, things went a little south come the 3rd). As far as the upcoming tv series goes, im gonna just hope to be entertained and, only being an occassional fan, im gonna try not to over think things (can appreciate though that propr fans more than likely will and thats there perogative).
13/08/2017, 01:18
Yeah the X-Men/Wolverine timeline is so messed up, went from older, to younger, back to older, not sure if First Class, is where things get a bit confusing, but I believe, in Days of Future Past, events from that film, effectivelt gave way to resetting the entire X-Men universe

[Image: Rampant_Sig1_3_zpskdelgeup.jpg]
13/08/2017, 23:04
I think Singer is very repetitive, and is far too limited in the scope of how they use powers. The stories in his X-men films are kinda repetitive (Magneto is either the villain or working with Xavier until a not very surprising betrayal/murder attempt).
And so sick of the horrible black leather outfits.

Interestingly it seems they care more about explaining how a character's hair is how it is (Rogue's was explained by a major event in X1 and there was an entire plot arc for Xavier's baldness). Yet there being multiple versions of some characters, the death (and subsequent offscreen unexplained resurrection) ala Xavier.
Just seems weird to me.

Days of future past was supposed to be a reset, but it's stretching to make that have so many born 30 years earlier than originally and it doesn't remove the contradiction of when Xavier and Erik met (as told in the first one they met when they were 16, so before the time change occurs). Singer even said he hoped no one would remember that (showing lack of respect for the audience).

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]