Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All round to Mrs Brown's
29/04/2017, 11:53
RE: All round to Mrs Brown's
Glad you enjoy MOTD, Burns72 but, personally, not being a football fan..i avoid it like the plague lol. We really must be gluttons for punishment when it comes to Mrs Brown..because of the fantastic regular show, every new thing / spin off the show turns out which seem to watch out of sheer hope / loyalty. Saying that, what with the dire film and the mostly dire entertainment show formats..how much longer will we continue to put up with the show churning out this spin off shite. I guessing the elements on the show are devised by Brendan himself..if that is the case, back to the drawing board if there happens to be another run of this new format.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01/05/2017, 14:15
Glad I was out and missed a large chunk of the last show of the series, it was as per usual poor and unfunny in places not sure all the laughter comes from the audience think the canned laughter got opened. Managed to watch from the end of the Yvette Fielding bit to the finish and WTF The Vamps are they trying to dumb down the viewers to a bunch of pre-pubescent children talk about cringe worthy! Fingers crossed the BBC see sense. 

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
gymaddict69
03/05/2017, 01:13
I actually enjoyed it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Richard180 for this post:
gymaddict69
05/05/2017, 18:00
Well the BBC have decided to put Michael McIntyre on with a return to the stage not sure if it is a one off or a series, so will see what this is like hopefully not as bad as All round to Mrs Brown's. So long as he doesn't have two vicars giving a thought of the day! 

gymaddict69
06/05/2017, 17:46
So 'All round to Mrs Browns' is all done and dusted for its first series (and replaced on saturday nights by Michael Mcintyre..actually, please come back Mrs Brown..cant stand the bloke lol). A bold effort, sadly fucked up. Even the last episode kept with the same format in my opinion (10 to 15 minutes of occassional funny's sandwiched between 45 minutes+ of shit). The only thing that made me laugh during the series finale was when Michel Ball sang to Mrs Brown at the coffee table and she/he looked like they had basically just jizzed..one of the funniest scenes all series. Oh joy, weve been promised a season 2. Those looking for quality saturday night tv fret not..Eurovision is on next saturday (wow, it only gets better doesnt it haha).
31/12/2017, 13:55
Anyone catch this years christmas day episode? Anyone else (fans especially) think the same as me..that the episode was a poor, lightweight shadow of its former self? For one, where was all the filth, innuendo and/or swearing? If this is the way forward, if the show has bell and truly been told to 'Reign it in', whats left? Honestly, i was just bored and didnt laugh once. I know new Rory has received a lot of stick online and whilst im more than happy to give the fella a chance (ptroof of the puddin and all that), first impressions are not good. Previous Rory..it just seemed to flow so naturally, New Rory..it just felt so cold, scripted, unnatural. Will see what happens come the new years day special.
06/01/2018, 00:58 (This post was last modified: 06/01/2018, 00:58 by gymaddict69.)
Happy new year, fellow Rampant members. Being new year, of course we all watched the new years day episode of 'Mrs Brown's Boys' didn't we? What do you mean you didn't..it was so good after all lol. In all fairness it was not the utter disaster that was the christmas day episode. Being more in tune with the regular episode format meant there were gliimmers of Mrs Brown of old but it was still far from great. I did chuckle a few times, as opposed to back when it was a regular fixture and i used to piss myself laughing almost each and every episode. Fun enough i suppose but certainly unmemorable.
06/01/2018, 03:25
Yes new Rory is like a serving of cold soup on a chilly day, think it would have been better to write him out to be honest! I must admit I am struggling to think of anything funny happening in either episode but guessed the tree would soap up and entangle Mrs Brown in it as the tree does something every year and has become too predictable!

gymaddict69
07/01/2018, 12:52
Could''nt agree with you more, burns72. Was willing to give new Rory a chance after only being given a blink and you miss it during the christmas day episode but following his appearance during the new years episode, he just doesnt fit the part. Old Rory it just all flowed so naturally but wiith new Rory, it all feels so forced and over scripted. Should just write him out and have done with the character. There were one or two one liners i chuckled at during the NWD episode but the christmas day episode was a complete disaster..hell, it didnt even feel all that christmassy (well, except for perhaps that sterile rendition of 'Mistletoe and wine' at the very end).