Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All round to Mrs Brown's
26/03/2017, 01:09
All round to Mrs Brown's
Being a fan of the original series, the movie not so much and finding the christmas specials a little hit and miss, i was chuffed to learn that Agnes and co were returning to our screens in a saturday night chat show kind of format, titled 'All round to Mrs Brown's'. TThe shows first episode (of it's meagre 6 episde run) aired this evening. Personally, i thought it was a bit of a mixed bag. Did anyone else watch it? Spoilers ahead..for me, the only times the episode shone were when Mrs Brown was just being, Mrs Brown. The interactions with the guests while on the couch weere pretty funny (as was that staged moment with James Blunt). Where the thing fell flat though was pretty much everything else..the uninspired attempt at a game, that nausiating skit involving Louis Walsh, that whole bloody chef thing (what was the poit in that). At this early stage, if anything is going to kill this potentially great concept is that its trying too hard to cram in nonsence that leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. Would be all the better if it kept with the more or less purely chat show format with Agnes just being Agnes and having the guests in stitches with the rest of the cast/family in support.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
26/03/2017, 15:52
RE: All round to Mrs Brown's
I watched it and what spoiled it for me was that old hag Judy Murray the sooner Scotland becomes independent of us and take the Murray's back with them the better, bunch of miserable cunts. Back to the programme it seemed to try to hard to be funny there was no need for Grandad or the 2 Vicars anyone else think they are meant to be a couple? Agree the Louis Walsh bit was absolute shite and crapping on about One Direction was pointless as their fans are not old enough to be watching Mrs Brown at 9pm!

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
gymaddict69
27/03/2017, 00:44
Burns, I always assumed you must be Scottish yourself with a name like that.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to parkaner for this post:
gymaddict69
27/03/2017, 00:56
Nope am English with a bit of Irish my username is one of my nicknames with the year I was born. Obviously some of the women I phoned would after a while get my real name, but most people call me by my nickname in my personal life apart from my family but happy to report there is no Scottish in me at all.

gymaddict69
02/04/2017, 00:22
Caught 15 mins tonight, theres 15 mins ill never get back! TOTAL CRAP!
Mrs Brown, slipping in the occasional expletive do's not a comedy make!
Fucking shitty cunting twatty bellendy pissy bollocks, feck feck feck!
Now thats comedy.

[Image: 27ose]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to vesper.martini.1 for this post:
gymaddict69
08/04/2017, 16:58
Think its a given tha vesper is not a fan of Mrs Brown (just a hunch lol). Somehow that second episode managed to be even worse than the first. The guest line up was handled all wrong, they should have had Adam Woodyat at the house and Phil and Holly on te skit..he would have been far funnier than those two. Occassionally Schofield can be funny..however on this he just looked uncomfortable and franly lost. The only redeeming part was with Agnes sitting in the audience chatting to that supposed jewelery psychic..the banter between them..brilliant. Sadly though, 3 or 4 positive minutes in an hour long show do not a good comedy show make.
09/04/2017, 15:55
Yes not quite the impact I was expecting from it tbh this week Ross Kemp seemed to be having some fun but I dozed off for a few power naps of a minute or two during it totally missed Chef Ali cooking and presenting his food, not that I missed much! As for the 2 vicars with the thought of the day all I ask is WHY? no point to it at all and a complete waste of 5 mins, the joke with Grandad being asleep now is wearing thin as well. In all I think they should stick to the original concept and ditch the chat show format!

gymaddict69
15/04/2017, 16:47
It is real shame..but Mrs Brown and her crew seem to have made right pigs ear of this new concept..it could have been so great but for the (being generous on average) 15 minutes or so of genuine humour, the other 45 minutes or so is just a massive dollop of shit. Take ast weeks episode, asides from the initial banter round the kitchen table between agnes, Rory and Ross Kemp and agnes interacting with the audience..the rest of the episode was pony. Even better ..this weeks episode seems to be z list teritory with the guests..oh joy..how amny episodes are left!
22/04/2017, 12:57
Oh goody, another episode of this..and just when you thought things couldnt get any worse. Same format, same 15 minutes or so of occassional humour broken up between 40 odd minutes of crap. Another inspired bunch of guests (Ashley Banjo..whoop-de-doo). Thank god theres only 2 episodes of this left. Why do i keep watching if i dislike the show so much..i dont hate Mrs Brown as a show, as in the format as it used to be so its more out of respect for that (and the hope of some kinda improvment..un fucking likely at this late stage).
24/04/2017, 16:39
I agree the programme is getting worse Peter Andre and Gareth Malone who the fuck is booking these clowns and who thinks the D & B celebrity tours are remotely funny WTF and the 2 Vicars please god no more it is ruining my Saturday night. And for the love of god if we have anymore Mrs Brown next year please let it be the Mrs Brown's Boys format not this drivel especially before Match of the Day as want to enjoy MOTD with Brighton in the Premier League next year! Rant over.

gymaddict69