Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

boots tv advert

13/11/2011, 13:54
boots tv advert
is it just me or do boots make their adverts make it look like men are stupid and cant do shopping

[Image: e986mb.gif][Image: k4ysfq.jpg]

fMR is my lover and we are not ashamed of our love.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
13/11/2011, 14:18
RE: boots tv advert
No it's definately not just you, the boots adverts are extremely sexist, and apparently according to those ads men are totally stupid and can't do simple tasks like shopping, i find adverts like that very annoying.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
13/11/2011, 15:26
that's just a dumb advert, sexist or not, and also that song is so god damn annoying too. but it's definitely geared towards women, any time an advert has average (at best lol) looking women it's there to make those women feel better about themselves
Add Thank You
13/11/2011, 15:38
(13/11/2011, 14:18)jesslloydfan Wrote:  No it's definately not just you, the boots adverts are extremely sexist, and apparently according to those ads men are totally stupid and can't do simple tasks like shopping, i find adverts like that very annoying.

you missed out that men cant sign their name on cards

Add Thank You
13/11/2011, 20:37
(13/11/2011, 15:38)warchylduk Wrote:  
(13/11/2011, 14:18)jesslloydfan Wrote:  No it's definately not just you, the boots adverts are extremely sexist, and apparently according to those ads men are totally stupid and can't do simple tasks like shopping, i find adverts like that very annoying.

you missed out that men cant sign their name on cards
Yes you're right i did miss that bit those ads are definately thought up by women, and totally agree with what Timm24 said that song is so damn annoying, but saying that every second of any boots ad usually is, they really need to start doing better ads.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
Add Thank You
13/11/2011, 21:01
Does this mean we're not allowed in boots in the lead up to Christmas.
I don't mind you know. There's always a superdrug around the corner.....
Add Thank You
13/11/2011, 23:24
while i'm not someone to start going "this is sexist" or anything i do find it funny that a female friend of mine loves this advert, and yet the ad that was on a while ago for either nuts magazine that had the women unable to bleed the radiator with the line "women, don't expect any help on a thursday" and a shot of the guy reading the mag, was sexist. it seems that most women who claim things are sexist seem to be fine with it if it's the other way round, or in there favour like "i can't carry that i'm just a girl"

people like that ruin it for anyone who is truly a victim of sexism etc...

personally the boots ad really doesn't bother me, but hypocrites do bother me a lot, but anyway i've gone slightly off topic and this whole post should probably of been in the rants section lol
Add Thank You
14/11/2011, 00:21
Every thing has to be politically correct. We dare not do any thing or say anything that may offend anybody. So how come we have an advert that depicts men as idiots? Maybe men don't bother to complain, i'm not bothered by it. If I don't like something on TV I watch something else, or switch it off. Maybe if more people did that we would have less censorship.
Add Thank You
14/11/2011, 01:50
Yeah this ad is cracking she starts by saying 'THE PIGS ARE IN THE BAY' which yup is the blocks... Stereotypes 'All Men Pigs' and that the rest of the 'Women have secrets, and also portable baby monitors - not mobiles' so does that mean they are crazy and stupid lol. Also love it how one bloke has escaped or is single and has decided to pour thunder on the parade on the end with his dog... class
Add Thank You
14/11/2011, 09:08
it would be nice to get a ladies point of view on this but ladies on the forum are really rare

Add Thank You