Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travelers
07/01/2017, 19:11
Travelers

Hmm, now heres a curious show.'Travelers' was recomended to me, repeatadly, fairly recently and initialy, just so i could give some feedback, i decided to download the first couple of episodes (as the show is on Netflix and,well, i dont have that). 2 episodes in..and i found myself not only downloading the remaining 10 episodes of the 1st season but also have watched all 12 in just over the course of a week. Reason being, its actuall pretty darn good. The show is about (trying to refrain from spoilers here)  surviving humans, in the future,  discover how to send consciousness back through time, into people of the 21st century, while attempting to save humanity from a terrible future. Too say more than that would give too much away but its not as simple as the consciousness popping into someones body..certain conditions have to be present. While there are a few draggy episodes, on the whole its thought provoking, ocassionally exciting with the ocassional spatterin g of action but not overly reliant on it. Where as many shows or films seem to copy elements from each other, this show uses some elements that set it apart from the crowd. Hopefully, following a particually confusing, but excellent finale, there will be a season 2. Has anyone else seen the show?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 dony
09/01/2017, 02:51
RE: Travelers
looks like a interesting series, should be another good netflix exclusive, when i first saw the title i thought it was about gypsies lol but glad its not, and i will be watching this for sure
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
14/01/2017, 00:17
You should definatly give this a look, Dony. A word of caution, there are a couple oof let down episodes in the middle, to the point where i very nearly gave up on the show but ride out that particular storm and things do pick back up again (suppose not all episodes in all series can be perfect lol). This is definatly a more cerebral time traveler show that at times does try to baffle on purpose..but thats half the film (best of luck grasping all the concepts and whats what in the season finale though..i was pretty lost but still thouroughly entertained).
 dony
22/01/2017, 03:02
i did gymaddict i started watching it the other day on netflix and im glad i did because im really liking it so far, only 4 episodes in but im gona be watching the whole thing for sure
gymaddict69
22/01/2017, 12:35
Glad you decided to give the show a chance, Dony. There really is a lot to like about the show, including of course that it is trying something different with the whole time travel show thing. Dont be put off by a couple of slower, seemingly more pointless episodes around the half way mark, the show does recover nicely. Roll on (hopefully) season 2.
 dony
23/01/2017, 02:19
oh i wont get put off i know most series have a slower period where a couple of episodes are boring, but its interesting to me so i dont mind it to much, but so far so good
gymaddict69
31/12/2017, 14:02
Grated im a little late on this but have been watching season 2 of 'Travelers' (i know..suprised it got a second season). As of this moment im 9 episodes into the seasons 12 episode run and as it stands to this point, not bad bad something feels off compared to the 1st season. This 2nd seasoon feels disjointed, almost a little lost (almost as if the show runners didnt expect to get commisioned for a second series). There have been a few good episodes but, for the most part thus far this season, it feels pretty poor by comparrison. That said, given the slew of shite on tv at the moment its one of the few things i am watching and for that reason, am gonna run with it to its conclusion.
 dony
06/01/2018, 00:41
Since my last i have now finished season 2 of 'Travelers'. This 2nd season was pretty annoying in that as disjointed as it felt, some episodes were proper glimmers of what the first season presented us with whilst others just felt lazy and pointless (who doent love a good ol Groundhog day inspire episode..urgh). This said though, whenit found its feet this season, it was a really solid offering. Not too sure o the season fnale though as oppsed to providing a proper 'end of season cliffhanger' instaead it felt more like there were most episodes to follow this season given the way the final scenes play out..not the most riveting of cliffhangers but still, hopefully the show will pop up for a 3rd season although suspect it is and will be skating on thin ice based on this 2nd season.
 dony
08/01/2018, 01:26
hmmmm i cant even remember why exactly i stopped watching it, but for me it was ok at first but then something else came out and i started watching that, might get back onit one day
gymaddict69