Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lethal Weapon - The TV Series
07/12/2016, 13:52
RE: Lethal Weapon - The TV Series
It doesnt help when the scheduling of this is so eratic in the states. That said, SirWanksALot86, im guessing this has been largely down to a couple of big events in the states. Like ever episode of this to date, i thouroghly enjoyed episode 8. Who else thjinks Riggs would make a fantastic dad. My only critiscism was the speed which the bad guys of the week were dealt with. Thats only a minor niggle though. Am anticipating this weeks instalment..if wikiedia has it labelled right it sounds ike its gonna be a christmas themed episode.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
07/12/2016, 17:37
I have not seen this yet but was really excited when I saw the trailers. I wasn't sure whether it was going to be trash or not though! Does it live up to the movies? Is it another pale remake? I guess I need to get and watch it but interested to hear your opinions.
10/12/2016, 15:23
Despite the name and the characters, yoss54, this is essentially a different beast. The tv series is episodic with, to this point, each episode having a villian of the week which is genrally all sewn up by the end of the episode. To be honest, thats no bad thing. The show itself is so fun and moves at such a pace that the episodic form works. The leads, while not quite on par with Gibson and Glover (to be honest, who ever could be), do still do a fantastic job and make the roles their own while capturing the essence of the original characters. Genuinly funny in places, some great action, great banter between the leads..while the villians of the week are generally forgettable they do tend to take a back seat to our hereos.
06/01/2017, 23:11
Well, thank fuck this has returned to u s screens. After an atrocious offering tv and film wise over the last few weeks or so, thank the stars the season has resumed its run. This show may be a little samey but what it does it does oh so well. The most recent episode, concernning a murdered club promoter, while not quite as action packed as some of the previous episodes, still had just enough and was genuinly funny to boot in places. Have got a feeling, once this does eventually arrive on uk screens, that its gonna do really well.
14/01/2017, 00:13
Hmm, hopefully this weeks instalment of this is just a blip as episodes go, episode 11 wasnt on par with the rest of the season thus far (slight spoiler..deals with police corruption). A mostly humourless affair, with the action more sparce than i have become acustom to frm this series. Hopefully its just a blip and normal service will resume next week.
21/01/2017, 13:11
Hmm, whilst im still eally enjoying the show it does seemed to have slipped a bit following it post christmas break return. This weeks episode, whilst the banter was still there between the main characters, the crime of the week story was particually weak this time around which certainly didnt do the episode any favours. Fortunatly the banter between Riggs and Murtaugh was still very much to standard which prevented this being a poor episode.
28/01/2017, 11:27
This weeks episode (episode 13 of 18 i believe) was a return to form. Whilst it was impossibly easy to predict who the villian of the week was and how they acheived certain aspects of what they were doing (perhaps i should become a detective lol), it was a fun ride none the less..once gain due to the antics of the extremely likeable heroes in this.
28/01/2017, 23:59
I hadnt even realised it was back on, i have however back tracked and binged watched episode 10 to 12 this afternoon, i really like this show, its grown so well, the development of both characters has been great.

Not sure if there has been any news on wether it has been picked up for a second season or not but i hope they do! of all the remakes this year this is by far the best.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SirWanksAlot86 for this post:
gymaddict69
29/01/2017, 11:59
Have just had a butchers online and cant see any reference to the show being not renewed for a second season..saying that, its early days in terms of that but i do hope it gets renewed. This has been very consitent, has'nt it, SIRWANKSALOT86. Saying that, your talking about remakes and spin offs i presume..im wsaiting with baited breath on '24 Legacy' starting. I was a massive fan, as are my whole family, of 24 and really are waiting to tear the reboot to shreads (after all..no Keiefer Sutherland/Jack Bauer).
11/02/2017, 14:03
Another entertaining instalment of Lethal Weapon with one minor gripe, once again the villian of the piece was stupidly easy to work out from fairly early on..its fortunate then that, as throughout, the show is just so darn entertaining to watch. Dont expect high brow or intelectual as far as the show goes, its just (and most importantly) a big ol slice of action comedy fun. That said it does appear more thought went into the set up / crime of the week this week (didnt see that initial twist coming).