Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Exorcist - The TV Series
18/12/2016, 13:25
RE: The Exorcist - The TV Series
Well, thats it..season one of 'The Exorcist' all sewn up and while it was a very good episode, it seemed a little inferior to the penultimate episode. Thats not to say that it wasnt very good though, which it was. Perhaps it was the whole inevitability of how things were gonna play out (kinda predictable from the off) but still a fun ride. Events definitly point towards future seasons..just hope they come to pass as this was a fantastic show / season.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
21/12/2016, 00:00
is this series any good??? looking to start a new series but this looks quite interesting as people have been saying the movies were shit scary, so anyone here who's watched it think its worth watching or is it just a show to pass time lol???
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bugmenot for this post:
gymaddict69
23/12/2016, 23:12
Think its no seecret, bugmenot, that i really, really enjoyed the tv series. The series really did the films justice and more than deserves a place next to them. Maye not quie on par with the origiinal movies but lets face it, what could. A very effective horror series with fantastic performances all round. Does anyone else care to confirm this for bugmenot (as he is missing out on a great series). I would recommend watching thhe films first though as elements in the show will only make sense if you havve seen the origiinal film/s.
07/10/2017, 12:25
Teach me to do my research..not only was i not aware that 'The Exorcist' tv series was getting a 2nd series but on checking, its already sarted in the states. Naturally, jumped straight on it. Have only watched the opening episode thus far and am pleased to say that it is off to a promising start. As id hoped the focus has now shifetd away from Regan (suppose that was inevitable as stretching for more than 1 season would have been pushing it). New setting, new individuals with similar issues but featuring our 2 favourite priests fromthe 1st series. Will be interesting to see how this follow up series plays out (on the upside also it features THAT classic iconic tune as well).
08/10/2017, 12:02
Caught episode 2 of the 2nd series of 'The Exorcist' yesterday and it turned out to be another pretty darn solid one. Wont give spoilers as such but the 2nd series does refer back to certain elements of the 1st season and provides an additional running story. The epoisode didnt overplay its hand maintaining an effective pace ticking all the horror boxes. What will presumably become the core of the season is taking a little while to reveal itself properly but wouldnt call it draggy by any means.
04/11/2017, 13:31
Have not watched this weeks episode of 'The Exorcist' yet but am pleasec to confirm that whilst steering away from Regans storyline last season, whilst one or two elements that have been introduced this season seem a little 'oh ok, whatever' this follow up season is doing a darn good job. One minor niggle, its all but aparent that theres an issue with the woods and its influencing atleast someone in the house but to be this far into the season (several episodes in now) and for still there to be no clear sign whats going on with either..perhaps its dragging it out a bit much presumably leading to a rushed conclusion. Im liking the renegade exorcist as well (now thats one individual who seems to know how and is willing to get shit done).
24/11/2017, 23:37
several episodes into season 2 now and with the exception of possibly 1 other show, this is onenof the only (or few) that has been consistently brilliant and has properly livded up to the standard set by its previous season or seasons. Sadly theres nop stateside episode this week (im guessing it coincides with thanksgiving). Am geeting shades of both 'The Exorcist' (obviously) with massive nods to 'The Ammitiville Horror' series this season..heck, even the side plot involving that investigative priest and his new found friend are proving very entertaining (talk about not messing about, good to see him willing to get his hands dirty as well).
23/12/2017, 00:35
Well, thats season 2 of 'The Exorcist' all sewn up and whilst, for me, it did slip a teeny tiny bit during the last couple of episodes, it more the result of minor niggles as opposed to major issues. On the whole the 2nd season was just as solid as the 1st wiith great performances all round and not toning down either. Not sure if this has even started its 2nd season in te uk yet but this is one sow i cannot recommend highly enough. Roll on a hopefull, season 3.