Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Exorcist - The TV Series
24/09/2016, 16:49
The Exorcist - The TV Series

Whoa, i know reboots and movie spin offs of tv shows are no new thing but suddenly and seemingly from nowhere they seem to be appearing left, right and centre over the past couple of weeks. Well, this one kinda speaks for itself..The Exorcist - The Tv Series. Well, this one really could go either way. Was only aware of its existence while checking the download sites earlier today. Suffice to say im gonna give the 1st episode a look asap. Based on the write up it sounds as though this is not a like for like from the original movie, but while still based on the original source material its gonna swap some things up. Early reviews for this have been very positive.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 dony, FantasticMR
25/09/2016, 12:18
RE: The Exorcist - The TV Series
Did get around to watching this last night and have gotta say, so far so good. As things stand at the moment it doesnt hold a torch to the original film but thats not to say its not good in its own right. There are elements that pay homage to the original movie but asides from that this is a different beast. The leads put in a strong performance, the opening episode like the original film, dioesnt rush things building up the dread gradually and to good effect. Theres also a great little twist on proceedings (you'll know it when you see it). Also, yay to the original tune putting in an appearance (suppose it wouldnt be the exorcist without it. Not so much a critiscism, more an observation, while Geena Davis appears in this..damn she looks old. Unlike Outcast that bored me to tears, im gonna stick with this.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
FantasticMR
27/09/2016, 00:16
i havent really been fan of exorcism and the movies it just doesnt scare me, but the series looked interesting and looked like it might be a little scary, i guess i will watch it one day when the series has finished
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to dony for this post:
FantasticMR, gymaddict69
27/09/2016, 17:49
I wonder if the concept of the film will really work when drawn out over a whole season. Shows some promise but it seems from the trailer that it's based around one exorcism so if the exorcism in question takes place at the end of the season that could be a lot of drawn out buildup. But then i suppose the other alternative is an exorcism of the week kinda thing which would get tiresome.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
29/09/2016, 23:15
yeah i agree if its all about one exorcism i cant see it being that good, but im sure it will be a thing where its starting to happen to more and more people, otherwise it would be drawn out like u said
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dony for this post:
gymaddict69
01/10/2016, 13:18
Im reluctant to give spoilers..but heres a mild one so read on at your own peril lol. It does appear that there is potentially more than one demon on the go here but with the core focus being on one particular scenario. There is a twist to the original film as well that im not sure if its present in the original source material or not. While hardly groundbreaking as twists go, it does change things up a bit. Im just waiting for some kind soul to upload the next episode (hint,hint).
15/10/2016, 11:52
3 episodes into this and the momentum this show is displaying is showing no signs of letting up. What a fantastic job the powers that be and cast have made of this. The confrontation scene in the 3rd episode and just as important, the episode's climax were bloody fantastic. Roll on episode 4.
22/10/2016, 12:35
Episode 4 of this watched erlier this week and, at this stage, the momentum shows no sign of letting up. Another really good episode. Noticed earlier this week that the show has now started in the uk on syfy. Now that its more readilly available has anyone else here started watchng it?
13/11/2016, 16:33
Forget ho many episodes we are into this now and have thoroughly enjoyed the show thus far. That said, it does feel now as though things are starting to get a little drawn out as the season moves on. The show maintained a nice pace up to a couple of episodes back but it does feel a little like its dragging its heels now. Still, given how this weeks episode finished i suspect the end is near (still no idea how many episodes this is gonna run for).
17/12/2016, 18:34
Have just watched episode 9 of this (with episode 10, the season finale, sitting on the computer to be watched). My verdict of the penultimate episode..well, whats there to say other than 'wow'. This has proved to be one of the best new shows on television and after the finale i do hope it finds a way back via more series. A fantastic episode with Geena Davis, finallly, really getting involved and boy, does she get involved.