Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Books

03/11/2011, 20:29
Books
i know that this may sound bit sad but what the heck hey lol truth be told i don't read a whole lot anyway but am going to start so if anyone knows of books worth a read do let me know
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
03/11/2011, 20:34
RE: Books
i enjoyed eddie grey and peter lorimer autobioraphy but i dont read much either
Add Thank You
12/12/2011, 20:50
I'd say it depends on your taste to be honest.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong reading anything by the late David Gemmell if you like fantasy books.

If it's science fiction, I'd recommend the Starship Troopers, the Sten series or even the Honor Harrington books.

As for other genres, I'm afraid I don't know too much about them myself.
Although going by what other people have said the classic detective writers would be worth a go.

Hope that helps.

When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Add Thank You
12/12/2011, 22:20
wow i never though i would see the day lol, an intellectual (sort of) thread on the rampant tv forum lol. it's defninitely not sad to start a thread about books imo, but stuff worth reading it really depends on what kind of stuff you want to read

people on this forum seem to like sci fi and stuff like that, i'm guessing there's a few stephen king type stuff readers too
Add Thank You
12/12/2011, 22:30
I`d reccomend anything by stephen king can`t go wrong with his books IT is one of his best or The Shining,
if you like sci fi asimov is a classic author in that field, i robot is a good one,
but if you were more interested in fantasy i`d say look out for George r.r martins books the ones Game of thrones is based on very good books, and the night watch trilogy by sergei lukyanenko are great too,
i bet nobody on here realised or thought i read so much lol.

This is probably the first ever thread about books i`ve seen, makes a change.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
Add Thank You
13/12/2011, 15:18
This thread is a god send. It's not sad at all. I was thinking about creating a similar thread, you beat me to it. In the past I haven't read a lot, but over the last couple of years I've made a conscious effort to read more books. I've just finished with a book called 'The Sisters Brothers' by Patrick Dewitt. Good ol American western. I'm not really into sci-fi so I can't point out any books for that genre. One of the best books I've read in the past few years was by Toby Young. 'How to lose friends and alienate people' was hilarious and much better than the film.
I love my crime novels so if anyone recommend any, that'd be tops!
Add Thank You
13/12/2011, 15:30
(13/12/2011, 15:18)da1nonly_42 Wrote:  I love my crime novels so if anyone recommend any, that'd be tops!

Not sure if it's any good, but the makers of the Castle TV series came up with a good gimmick for some books.
They have had written a couple of books written by the fictional author Rick Castle featuring his new fictional character Nikki Heat.

For those that haven't seen it, the series involves a crime writer following a detective around on cases to get inspiration for his stories.

I'm a fan of the show, but haven't read any of the books, so this is more of a "go read it and tell me if it's any good" post than a recommendation. :P

When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.

Add Thank You
13/12/2011, 15:51
Ha! Cheers mate, will have a read if I come across them.
Add Thank You
13/12/2011, 16:54
(13/12/2011, 15:18)da1nonly_42 Wrote:  This thread is a god send. It's not sad at all. I was thinking about creating a similar thread, you beat me to it. In the past I haven't read a lot, but over the last couple of years I've made a conscious effort to read more books. I've just finished with a book called 'The Sisters Brothers' by Patrick Dewitt. Good ol American western. I'm not really into sci-fi so I can't point out any books for that genre. One of the best books I've read in the past few years was by Toby Young. 'How to lose friends and alienate people' was hilarious and much better than the film.
I love my crime novels so if anyone recommend any, that'd be tops!
If you like crime novels, mark billingham's books are supposed to be good, i've never read them myself but i know members of my family have and apparently they're good if you like those kinds of books,
i personally find that crime novels don't really hold my attention.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
Add Thank You
14/12/2011, 14:07
if you guys are into like fantasy / crime / mystery type stuff - kinda like da vinchi code type stories then you should read this guy called clive cussler he has a really realy good book called Raise the Titanic, it's quality i read it a long time ago
Add Thank You