Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Films you couldn't make it to the end of..
30/12/2017, 12:38
RE: Films you couldn't make it to the end of..
Given the sheer pox thats been on tv this christmas was hoping for a decent film or two to crop up. While the films, they keep on coming, for the most part pretty much all have been shut offlong before the end. The most recent film i couldnt make it anywhere near the end of was called 'Marshall'. Basically tells of a younf Thurgood Marshall, the first African American supreme court justice and the true story of one of his career defining cases during the early 1940's. On aper and in theoryy, sounds great, However, despite me liking a great drama i can sink my proverbial teeth into, this didnt tick that box. Slow, plodding and did i mention, slow. Uninteresting, the potential was there but this really was a chore to watch up to the hour or so mark when i decided i had seen more than enough. Cant recommend at all.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
31/12/2017, 13:27
Well, its that time of year again when those of us willing to procure movies by less than reputable means are treated to the awards nominee films. Some years have proved better than others but, this awards season thus far, what a load of absolute bollocks. Another such example (which i couldnt make it anywhere near the end of) was/is titled 'The Florida Project'. Recall there being a bit of buzz about this on its original release and despite the very mixed reviews on imdb, decided to give it a looksee yesterday. Whilst the premise of following the expoits of the residents of a cheap as chips motel on the outskirts of disneyworld and showing the contrast to the world just a stones throw away, sounds moderatly interesting, this film was anything but. Watched up to the 30 minute mark and asides from some unrully young kids on the scrounge and some less than likeable female tenants having a chit chat about seemingly nothing, that was about it..Not a single redeeming quality. Suggest avoiding.
06/01/2018, 00:35
Yet another award nominee turkey that i couldnt make it anywhere near the end of was ' Last flag flying' starring Steve Carrell, Brian Cranston and Lawrence Fishburne. Selling itself a a comedy drama (something to do with Carrell's character roping 2 vietnam vet buddies into accompanying him to either bury his deceased soldier son or to pick up his body), given the directors back catalogue and the calibre o the actor's involved, this had buckets of potential which for me, ultimatley just fell flat. If youre gonna attempt to interject humour into a movie with this kind of premise, atleast make it funny. Gave this turkey 45 minutes and given the complete lack of laughter my end and the frankley uninteresting performances, this got shut of prematurley/