Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Films you couldn't make it to the end of..
03/04/2016, 01:28
RE: Films you couldn't make it to the end of..
Saturday was a day of successive bad films, still, atleast its freed up some room on the computer. The worst of which (and one i couldnt make it past the 20 minute mark) was the british comedy simply titled 'Bill'. Meant to be a comedy in the same mindset as the Monty Python films telling a spin on the tale of Shakespeare. The comedy attempts did come thick and pretty fast..trouble is none of the attempts were even remotely funny. Pretty shoddy stuff and as such, cant recommend it.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
14/04/2016, 20:31
Looking a clearing some space on the planner I decided to give 'Robot Overlords' a look. Was conscious of the fact that it had been panned by the critics and on this occasion I definitely agree with them. Boy, was that a load of shit. Dodgy effects, even dodgier acting (Ben Kingsley..what was u thinking). A family friendly attempt at british Sci Fi that fails on all accounts. Watched around 45 minutes then gave up.
17/04/2016, 17:20
The most recent film i couldnt make it to the end of was 'Daddys Home' starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. Tried watching this sturgid turd with dinner today but had to shut it off after 40 minutes or so (and that was being generous). Doesnt try all that hard to be funny annd when it does, each time it fails in spectacular fashion. A pointless waste of time..avoid.
19/04/2016, 18:27
The most recent film i couldnt make it to the end of what the lacking sci fi / teeny novel based film 'The 5th Wave' starring Chloe Grace Moretz. Went into watching this not expecting a tremendous amount..it certainly delivered on that. Blinkl and you miss it action scenes, a pretty average story at best and a real cop out when it came to the aliens (granted if this was as it was in the books cant blame the film makers for that but still...). Just was bored and really unimpressed, killed the film around an hour in.
19/04/2016, 22:56
Saw the film 'Ultraviolet' on tv again. A film I previously failed to finish, thinking maybe i was too close minded and it wasn't that bad etc. I was right the first time, complete and utter crap. Mindless action scenes barely connected and I was right the first time, got the record for being the only film I couldn't it to the end of twice.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
22/04/2016, 21:54
Gotta say i dont recall much about ultraviolet other than the fact that Milla Jovovich is in it. Did watch it once upon a time, couldnt of left much of an impression lol. The most recent film i couldnt make it to the end of was simply called 'Remember' starring Christopher Plummer. The reviews were mixed to begin with but with the premise being a holocaust survivor trying to track down the man responsible for his families death, did on paper sound like an interesting prospect. Aware this fell squarely into drama territory i was expecting something, well, dramatic with very few bells and whistles. Unfortuantly this film was DULL. i was bored out of my mind, so much so 40 odd minutes into the film i fell fast asleep. Dull, slow, plodding, doesnt really go anywhere..an aquired taste, not one i could possibly recommend.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 jesslloydfan
24/04/2016, 09:00
I watched the first fifteen minutes of this movie and i was like "ewwwwwwww arghhhhhh ugghghhhhh". The shitty, typical, "girl power", "i'm a cool, bad as chick", "rom com" bullshit of a soundtrack just made me want to die. And on top of all that, its Amy Schumer, who plays this super cool, hot chick...Like seriously? Dude that's not believable. Hogwarts is fucking real! Not this shit. Any way...i still plan on completing this...some day....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUsANpZxgaSF9Wm3muDzN...cgzBIUJLse]

You gonna deglaze that fucking pan?...I'd deglaze the fuck out of that pan...

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Randy Marsh for this post:
 jesslloydfan
24/04/2016, 21:48
@gymaddict you wouldn't remember Ultraviolet, it is completely terrible. And not even memorable bad, just bad. I usually like Milla Jovovich in films but couldn't stand anyone in that. I've never seen the film you mention but can't say I have any interest in doing so.

@RandyMarsh I would never put myself through watching anything with Amy Schumer, find her about as funny as getting repeatedly punched in the face.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
29/04/2016, 19:00
The most recent film i couldnt make it to the end of, which in this instance was a real surprise, was 'Triple 9' starring Woody Harrelson, Anthony Mackie, Norman Reedus etc..Had relativly high hopes given the largely positive reviews but i wound up turning the film off after 45 minutes. The reason..i was bored shitless. A promising opening marred by an all over the place plot, severe overacting by Kate Winslet, a complete lack of tension despite the occassional violence..i was just really underwhelmed and as such couldnt be arsed to watch the rest.
02/05/2016, 15:10
Trust me last night to offer the fam the choice of either watching a film off the laptop or the sky+..last time i give that option, all thanks to a straight to dvd steamer called 'Dying of the light' starring the once great actor Nicholas Cage (oh, and Chekov from the Star Trek reboot lol). Didnt have high hopes and, lo behold, they my sceptisim was bang on. Esentially tells of Nic Cages CIA operative refusing to let go of a terrorist, many believe to be dead, who he is convinced is still alive. Dull, plodding, Cage just shouting a lot..very mediocre at best with an uninteresting plot. Killed it after 40 minutes.