Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotham
27/02/2016, 13:30
RE: Gotham
I too wasnt overly impressed with the first season, Dannyw69. Personally ould of only plucked a few entertaining episodes from the whole season. However, i cant praise season 2 enough, its certainly darker, more bonkers (in a good way) and a darn sight more entertaining for it. Would recommend you give this season a chance. To speak of the most recent episode, another great one focussing largely on Firefly and ooh, those scenes at the end (im speaking of last weeks episode, not this weeks as have not watched it yet).
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
29/03/2016, 18:57
I'm still running a couple of episodes behind the UK broadcast episodes but regardless this is still proving fantastic (except for the monks..not convinced). Still regardless, fantastic stuff. Was awesome getting to Alfred get his hands dirty again.
02/04/2016, 09:00
Almost all caught up on Gotham and fr me, its still fantastic. Have noticed that next weeks uk broadcast episode isnt on because of some neighbours special in its place..fucking channel 5, sticking that shit on instead. Given the now conclusion of some of the elements that have made season so far i wonder where the season will go from here (must mean Pinkett Smith is about to return..oh bollocks).
03/04/2016, 17:33
Hooray..im finally all caught up on the uk broadcast episodes and, unsuprisingly, it was another great episode, this time introducing Victor Fries aka Mr Freeze and Hugo Strange. The show has certainly ramped up the violence and gore this season and for me, thats been a positive. No episode tommorow night though by the looks of things though..fucking neighbours on in its place.
14/04/2016, 20:41
Thank god for Gotham being back on UK screens after that blip the week before and unsurprisingly, it was another top episode *spoiler* following the birth of Mr freeze as we know him. Top performances by all involved in that storyline only slowed down by the Bruce bits. That Dr Hugo strange sure Is showing his true colours.
19/04/2016, 23:07
With certain story arcs in season 2 either tied up or on hold i was concerned if the season would now lose some steam (perhaps certain elements could have been fleshed out a bit more). Hearing what the bulk of the focus would be in the most recent uk broadcast episode (drippy Bruce), i was concerned ahead of this episode. Fortunatly it was handled in suc a way that it was actually still a pretty damn good episode. Curious to see what the powers that be do with the rest of the season given that there are still several episodes left and very few plot strands to tie up.
20/04/2016, 01:41
So Bruce has buggered off to find himself, will he come back in a few episodes all dark and mysterious with a 6 pack?

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
gymaddict69
20/04/2016, 08:16
Can I assume you're finding the Bruce Wayne part of the show a bit slow and annoying?

I know I am.
I know the show's not really about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, but other characters have either developed or are developing at a better rate, but he mopes about like a moody little bitch boy, then takes a big leap torward to being the stoic badass he's destined to become.

Just my opinion. :)

[Image: quote.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Friday for this post:
gymaddict69
22/04/2016, 22:33
You are both on point with those remarks about Bruce, Friday and burns72. He is a bit of a whiney bitch, hope he doesnt just pop off for a few episodes and come back a completely different, badass kid. Am loving all the fojcus on the villians this season and again, despite some of the story arcs this season finishing up, above all eplse for me it will be interesting to see what Hugo Stranges game is (have got a love/hate relationship with Nygma but there is a lot of potential there). Side note : its good to see Lori Petty still getting work.
30/04/2016, 10:00
Based on the initial write up for this weeks uk broadcast episode i was expecting an episode of lesser quality, fortunatly that wasnt the case. Not too sure about Penguins turn of seemingly good luck, suspect somehow its gonna bite him in the arse. *spoiler* Bruce takes a kicking and as a result has a epiphany of sorts..could this be the start of his journey to becoming you know who. How oh how will Jim get out of his current prediciment?