Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotham
02/01/2016, 13:39
RE: Gotham
Well, its taken channel 5 a long old time (no suprises there) but season two of Gotham is imminent. Its starting on monday 11th January. Have got high hopes for this season as even the makers of the show addmitted they ballsed up some things on season 1 which, they have promised, they have rectified for season two. We will see.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03/01/2016, 03:08
They really have been taking the piss with how long they've waited to show this on channel 5, sidenote, it's why i'm disappointed to hear channel 5 have bought the uk rights to the new X-files series, probably won't end up seeing it till next year if they follow the usual pattern.
Problem is with this long a wait spoilers for Gotham become more likely (already had huge spoilers for certain other shows because certain useless channels have waited months).

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
03/01/2016, 17:58
Ah, channel 5..oh how we keep on giving them grief..totally deserved though, they after all completely useless. I have managed to avoid spoilers so far, im not sure how far ahead they are in the states (should imagine its quite a way ahead). They have the rights to show the new x files..wonder when we will get that and when we do what timesjot it will fill. Wonder if it will fill the old 11pm ish slot Person of Interest, Under the Dome and Dallas had been more or less relegated to. After all, they need to put their quality programming on at prime time. After all we are rivited by shows about Balliffs, scroungers, the overweight//what would we do without those haha.
04/01/2016, 14:42
I've managed to avoid spoilers for Gotham (can't say the same for a certain other comicbook tv show that is now relegated to E4 that has had the midseason finale spoiled before they got their act together and even gave it an airdate). To be fair Channel 5 have earned the criticism, they've consistently treated their US import shows with ignorance, content to just leave it months knowing there is no other way people can watch them legally (half of the shows, Gotham, etc are all on US netflix, uk tv networks buy the sole rights and don't bother showing them).

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
09/01/2016, 00:54
A nd some then go to wonder why streaming / illegal downloading is rife..go figure. If channels like channel 5 dont take us for mugs, people may not feel the need. They do tend to treat their import shows in a truly shocking manner but really do look after the home grown docu-bollocks that we seem to do oh so well over here haha. Still, its finally gonna start next monday. Just wonder, with inevitable break after break, how long it will take to air the whole season (shudder at the thought).
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
Ellwood,  jesslloydfan
09/01/2016, 21:24
Why have Channel 5 changed its schedule slot from 9 to 10 pm, Channel 4 did the same with Fargo and even changed the day from Sunday to Monday, why can't the schedulers leave well alone
10/01/2016, 03:49
It'll probably take much longer than necessary to show the whole series as well, will probably have some pointless break in the middle (despite already being behind). I worry what Channel 5 will do with X-files, and now Heroes reborn, which is going to be on 5*, (with the helpful coming soon date, so as with Gotham, miles behind, and not even a firm date).
Obviously Channel 5 need to leave plenty of airspace for awful reality tv and programs about people on benefits (i believe that's the same business model channel 4 use too).

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
Ellwood
12/01/2016, 21:10
(08/09/2015, 22:24)gymaddict69 Wrote:  I just feel that some of the characters work better than others. Who knows, with season 2 on our doorstep hopefully some lessons have been learned. I think Sean Pertwee is great in this as alfred. Also edward nygma is another great chrcter. Beyond that im struggling ro think of any characters that really worked (young Bruce and Barbara Gordon are 2 particually annoyin characters).)

Are you sure it's Sean Pertwee and not a regeneration of Jon Pertwee?

See attached image. :)

It is a fairly good show though.  I keep trying to spot the Batman villains when a new character pops up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: quote.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Friday for this post:
Ellwood
16/01/2016, 14:53
It is aggrivating that the show has been switched from the 9pm to 10pm slot. The hope is that this was done because of a more mature content (when in actuality its probably just channel 5 being awkward yet again). I have not got around to watching the first episode of season 2 yet, need to get on that. Heroes reborn may do ok on 5star. Im assuming that as i dont believe (without looking) the channel has quite the same level of supposed quality british progarmming that the main channel has to shunt it abouit haha.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
Ellwood
23/01/2016, 00:58
Well, i have finally gotten around to watching the first episode of the new series of Gotham (yes i know im still 1 behind, have got catching up to do). The strangest of things happend, i actually enjoyed it. Something about it just seemed to click (loved the dark humour in arkham..Barbara plays a far better villian than good girl). Hope the second series keeps this trend going as if it does, could be (for me) a marked improvement on the first season.