Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ash vs Evil Dead
22/11/2015, 06:50
RE: Ash vs Evil Dead
I couldn't wait, haha. It's a bit mad that this didn't just air around the same time. I agree that there wouldn't really be the numbers to attract immediate attention, but surely whatever network do take it would lose out now, people who were interested just seeking it online rather than waiting six months?

Anyway, I like to watch more than one episode at a time, so left it til the third week there...have to say I am really enjoying it.

I wonder what chairs think about all day:

"Oh, here comes another asshole!"
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to orionmetus for this post:
gymaddict69
23/11/2015, 19:03
I won't be waiting much longer if a UK channel doesn't get their act together and buy it, don't see why Netflix don't or channel 4 (they only have about 2 shows worth watching, why not make it 3 lol).

I prefer watching more than one episode at a time as well, better to have the story told closer together rather than waiting a week each time (longer when they go on long breaks).

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
27/11/2015, 22:29
Cant say for certain jesslloydfan butt this has got to be up to episode 5 atleast now i reckon. Just imagine being able to watch all thouse in one session on a cold , miserable afternoon / evening. Im going to hold out again until episode 6 has been released in the states and then am gonna download episodes 4, 5 and 6 and watch back to back. Each episode is only around 30 minutes (may be less) so its by no means a stretch. Trouble with each episode being that short and this first season being a 10 episode season, means that the whole thing is what, 5 or so hours long. Still, thats a minor niggle.
03/12/2015, 12:21
So far five episodes have aired and any fan of the evil dead series will be happy with the show so far. Yes they are only half hour long episodes but it has all the things you would want and expect to find in the show. The good news is that the Starz network has already ordered a second season of the show.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to robo_mojo for this post:
gymaddict69
04/12/2015, 22:50
Yeah, the second season was ordered no sooner than when the first season started, deservedly so as the show is great (i still question some of the cgi used as being questionable ) but as far as Ash goes and the humour goes, they are both true to the films. Have read that the show is now available for streaming in the uk..but only via virgin media on demand at this stage. Hopefully a proper, widely accessable channel will pick the show up. Hve just downloaded episodes 4 and 5 and i believe episode 6 is due on in the states a day day now. Once that appears i will watch all 3 in 1 sitting.
13/12/2015, 19:12
Didnt get round to watching episodes 4, 5 and 6 of this last weekend as hoped (you know what its like this time of year, not enough hours in the day lol). On the upside it meant i was in a position to watch 4, 5 , 6 and 7 with sunday lunch. Verdict based on the these episodes..this show is so good. It just seems to be goingg from strength to strength. The humour, the gore, ash himself..they are all on point. Cant recommend the show enough (some of the gore would put even the walking dead to shame and then some..one scene involving a meat slicer..genius). Trouble is you can bet some of the scenes in this would get cut for uk tv audiences due to the extreme violence even though done in an almost slapstick way on par with the films (whenever it decides to appear).
09/01/2016, 00:49
Well, thats that for the first season of Ash Vs Evil Dead. Verdict :all in all it was a very fun ride. True to the original movies (if something aint broke..). Plenty of gore, plenty of Bruce..what more could you want. 1 minor niggle if im picking holes is after the constant flowing pace of the series, *SPOILER** to have the last few episodes focus on the one location did slow things dwn a touch (but what an iconic location it is). Just a shame the series had only 10 episodes. Roll on season 2.
12/01/2016, 00:10
I'm definitely not bitter that I've yet to see a single episode and a few people have seen the whole season. That's what I get for trying to watch it legally when Virgin Media claim it (only to dump it onto their on demand service unadvertised). I'm going to stay away from this thread from now on to avoid spoilers until the blu-Ray comes out.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
16/01/2016, 00:45
Kudo's for wanting to play it all legit like, jesslloydfan but surely this is a caseing point for doing things on the dodge as it looks as though, for the most part, its the only bloody way most will get to see this great show. I hope for your sake it is released on a physical format but do bear in mind the increasing number of instances of shows that the powers that be simply dont bother releasing on physical formts (even in limited quantities).
30/09/2016, 22:12
Unless i missed it on sky, virgin..whatever..its looking increasingly like this will never be shown on conventional tv in the uk. Oh yeah, while im at it, did i happen to mention THAT SEASON 2 OF ASH VS EVIL DEAD HAS JUST PREMIERED. Naturally have aready downloaded and will be giving it a looksee at the weekend.