Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Son of Batman
09/09/2016, 20:36
RE: Son of Batman
And there's nothing wrong with watching the dc / marvel animated stuff..occassionally they can throw up the odd belter. Yeah 'Son of Batman' is a couple of years old now (or there abouts). Rather than setting up threads each time a Batman inspired animated film comes out (which is more often than you may think) i comment on them in this thread. Im confident in the next month or so there will inevitably be another one lol.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15/04/2017, 15:46
Well, its been 3 and a half seconds..time fr another new animated dc offering and, oh goody, it's the Teen (yawn) Titans turn again. Watched (or mre of, attempted to watch) the latest offering earlier today, titled 'Teen Titans : The Judas Contract'. Sufice to say, much like the Titan's previous efforts..this was pretty darn boring. I could have wathed this until its conclusion but after 45 or so minutes i was just left with that 'Well, thats 45 minutes of my life i aint gonna get back'. Very sparse action, uninteresting story..id recommend avoiding. Bring on the next.
01/09/2017, 21:52
Thought it had been several seconds without a new dc animated film putting in an appearance. Just hen i was about to give up all hope (lol), along came the latest offering, this effort titled ' Batman and Harley Quinn'. Was contemplating putting up a trailer but frankly, the film aint all that so couldnt be arsed lol. Granted it does try taking things in a slightly diifferent direction what with *SPOILERS* scenes of an IMPLIED sexual nature, not taking itself nearly as serious as previous entries in the dc animated stable..heck, it even throws in a song and dance number of sorts..i know, right. Kudos for trying something different, trouble was despite that the film fell flat when it came to the story (fuck me..go hug a tree already haha) and very, very sparse action. Throw in some unmenacing villians and cap things of wiith a particually bad ending. I dont know, some may enjoy..me, i came away from watching this wishing i could claw those 70 odd minutes back.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
 stjohn66
02/09/2017, 21:29
(01/09/2017, 21:52)gymaddict69 Wrote:  Thought it had been several seconds without a new dc animated film putting in an appearance. Just hen i was about to give up all hope (lol), along came the latest offering, this effort titled ' Batman and Harley Quinn'. Was contemplating putting up a trailer but frankly, the film aint all that so couldnt be arsed lol. Granted it does try taking things in a slightly diifferent direction what with *SPOILERS* scenes of an IMPLIED sexual nature, not taking itself  nearly as serious as previous entries in the dc animated stable..heck, it even throws in a song and dance number of sorts..i know, right. Kudos for trying something different, trouble was despite that the film fell flat when it came to the story (fuck me..go hug a tree already haha) and very, very sparse action. Throw in some unmenacing villians and cap things of wiith a particually bad ending. I dont know, some may enjoy..me, i came away from watching this wishing i could claw those 70 odd minutes back.

thanks.
i will probably still get it. when it has been reduced.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to stjohn66 for this post:
gymaddict69
08/09/2017, 23:26
Sorry it wasnt better news when it came to 'Batman and Harley Quinn', stjohn66. It did make a refreshing change trying to break from the mould set by animated Batman offerings of recent years and needs to be comended for that. This said, the dancing and singing scene i referenced..still cant decide whether i was weirdly transfixed by that whole sequence or whether i was simply disturbed lol. The film really des take the whole 'going green' thing and not only shove down your throat but allso up your ass at the same time..its not at all subtle about that.
11/01/2018, 21:06
gotham by gaslight anyone. sorry i already posted on another batman forum in the film section. i am hoping for a review. hopefully a positive one. do not know if it had a film release ( sometimes they do a special one off showing and sell some stuff ) not sure if it is even my thing . i think it is a completely different batman. i would like to see 'long halloween' or 'hush' instead of this strange offering. mind you i always liked 'the killing joke' but the film is far too slow. how did that happen ? so anyone seen it ?
stjohn
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to stjohn66 for this post:
gymaddict69
12/01/2018, 23:21
'Gotham by Gaslight' assuming Google has it right is scheduled to have its's world premiere screening, ironically today (12th January). That said it's only being screened as a single screening in Washington so probably a safe bet that it wont appear in any way shape or form prior to the digital downnload release date. Im with you as far as 'The Killing Joke' goes..bucket loads of potential and it did some elements very well but, oh boy, was it ever slow.