Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exercise and fitness

28/08/2015, 16:20
RE: Exercise and fitness
wow 9 stone that's really light, how tall are you? I guess any addiction is unhealthy even if it's a healthy activity you are partaking in. Iv'e started taking protein shakes after Insanity aswell as ensuring to eat well throughout the day and i'm feeling a lot better after the workouts
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ace3000 for this post:
gymaddict69
29/08/2015, 12:55
I know, it got real out of hand there for a while. I was eating fairly properly but i wasnt doing any real muscle building work back then or proper cardio, it was mostly just repetative sweat producing exercise and as such the wieght, fat and and unfortunatly muscle was just falling off me. For a few years now i have been mixing it up and have seen far better results as a result. Im only 5 ft 8 but am kinda big boned anyways. Went white as a shoot, was cold all the time..wasnt funny. All better now though.
Add Thank You
30/08/2015, 14:19
I think it's easy to get caught up in body image problems. When people think of losing weight they assume that reducing their food intake is how to sort it. But with training eating is key or you're fooked. Glad to hear you're better now gym. As they say

Knowledge is Power (say in really cheesy voice)

I wonder what chairs think about all day:

"Oh, here comes another asshole!"
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to orionmetus for this post:
gymaddict69
31/08/2015, 16:29
Yeah good to hear your all better now Gymaddict. Bery true orionmetus, I just downloaded the eating plan online btw so I'll be sticking to it as much as I can throughout my Insanity journey. I have a Hemp protein powder which i take after also which seem to be working wonders
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ace3000 for this post:
gymaddict69
02/09/2015, 23:43
Know what you mean orionmetus. Originally it was all simply about loosing the weight..and i certainly did that (and then some). Im not as commited as ace3000 in the sense that i never have and never will do the whole protein shake thing. Kudo's for being that commited but from a finanicial perspective..im almost happy with where im at. Then comes the real challenge..trying to maintain it (especially with christmas almost on the horizon again, think thats when it falls apart for most of us regular folk).
Add Thank You
09/09/2015, 14:37
Haha gymaddict your definitely right about Christmas time, last year I put on a stone throughout the period. Do you not like taking protein shakes? Hemp is different from taking whey protein as it's more a health drink because it's not super rich in protein but it has all vitamins, nutrients and fiber.
Add Thank You
18/09/2015, 21:54
Christmas time is bloody torture on the food front. Start off in december with a strong enough resolve and then before i know it im sitting there a few days in with a jumbo slice of christmas cake in my hand lol. Am just gonna do what i can do before hand, take the inevitable december slip for what it is and resume being good in january. To e honest, its the cost when it comes to the shakes etc..knowing that once i start i really need to keep it up. Its the ongoing expense that puts me off.
Add Thank You
18/09/2015, 22:09
haha, i just rule Christmas out every year and look forward to getting back into it mid January. I have a pretty big family so tends to be a massive party occasion were everyone's beatin the booze into them haha. And there's just no training when you've a hangover every day for 2 weeks haha

I wonder what chairs think about all day:

"Oh, here comes another asshole!"
Add Thank You
21/09/2015, 16:04
Yep that's true with the protein supplements, you pretty much have to keep taking them to keep up the results they give you. Nearly in October already so Christmas is just around the corner so I'm probably gonna be taking it easy on the exercise front and hit it hard in the new year
Add Thank You
26/09/2015, 15:04
Nooo..you cant stop now ace3000. Im gonna keep on pounding away at it (the exercise that is lol) all the way up until december 23rd. Of course im under no delusion that for a week or so after that, its all gonna go to shit but hey, will resume then properly in january. All these sort's who preach going out for a run or jog afer christmas dinner to burn some of it off can sod off. Who in their right mind would even consider that lol.
Add Thank You