Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exercise and fitness

14/02/2015, 12:10
Exercise and fitness

I love to workout. Is anyone else here, like me, addicted to working out. Im not a fan of gyms. Thats just me personally. I have got all manner of equipment at home. As good as the equipment is though it does get a little samey after a while. Incorporating exercise dvd programs into my schedule was the best thing i ever did. My favourite, the almighty INSANITY. As hard as the promos make it look, it is sooo much harder than that but its totally worth it.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You
28/02/2015, 12:14
RE: Exercise and fitness

Another of the workout systems i own. Insanity 25, shorter workouts than the original insanity. Each one, unsuprisingly, is only 25 minutes + the cooldown. For that 25 minutes there are NO breaks and no stops. Many new moves and weight training also comes into play. Have only sampled a few workouts from this workout program to date. Is anyone else a fan?
Add Thank You
02/03/2015, 13:39
I used to go the gym every night, 7 o'clock id walk through their front door and straight out the rear fire escape, good little short cut to the pub! saved me about half a mile tedious walking and gave me an extra few valuable drinking minutes.
Just one problem, gym closed at 10 o'clock so I had to stagger the long way home carrying an extra few kilos of lager in my belly, and believe me getting home via the chippy carrying that extra weight and bouncing off every wall up our street in just as intense as Focus T25!
Add Thank You
02/03/2015, 15:50 (This post was last modified: 02/03/2015, 16:30 by FantasticMR.)
 [Image: 22503878_1.gif] [Image: 22503890_2.gif] [Image: 22503895_3.gif] [Image: 22503896_4.gif] [Image: 22503897_5.gif] [Image: 22503899_6.gif] [Image: 22503900_7.gif] [Image: 22503901_8.gif]

IF CARLSBERG DID GYMS, PROBABLY THE BEST!
Add Thank You
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Clitterbug for this post:
gymaddict69, Jester62, Timm24
06/03/2015, 22:54
Cant argue with that cltterbug lol. See, im not a fan of gyms. Young spotties telling you what you should and shouldnt be doing, everyone watching and competing with everyone else, the same sex as opposed to communal vshowers (yes please) etc...However, as your gifs prove, gyms do have their advantages.
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to gymaddict69 for this post:
Clitterbug
07/03/2015, 04:22
Gymaddict, alright m8, im having a bit of a mid life crisis, im 53 and need to get back in shape before its to late, ive got a bit of a home gym going on myself, multi gym, free weights, bike, been at it for 6 months and lost a few inches off the belly and put on a few CMs on my arms, chest, been buying stuff from 'Discount supplies' Whey Powder, Protein Bars, Creatine, and being careful what I eat.
Feel great after a work out, like having a few lines of coke without the guilt or talking shite all night! cant give up the ale or wine.
But wanna increase a bit of muscle mass, any supplements you can recommend?
Add Thank You
07/03/2015, 14:19
Im afraid im probably the wrong guy to ask about building on the muscle mass side of things. A few years back i was out and out fat, 5 ft 8, little muscle and weighed 19 and a half stone. Started on the pure sweat generating equipment (twist steper, exercise bike, cross trainer etc..), changed myeating habits and over the course of a year or so got myself down too low to 9 and a half stone and that was taking no supplements. Still wasnt happy was too thin. Best thing i ever did was getting these exercise programs, buying some free weights and cutting back a bit on the previously mentioned equipment. Got the athletic shape i was after. I have never taken a single supplement to aid my results but am having to put in loads of hours to get were i need / want to be.
Add Thank You
Clitterbug
07/03/2015, 14:42
Well done m8!! losing 10 stones is fkin amazing!! I havnt got anywhere near that battle, lost a stone, back to more or less the same weight I was in my 20s/30s 11 stone, just want to put a bit more meat on my arms so ive got something to see for all the fkin work im doing, I know you need protein to build muscle but wondered if you were using anything more effective than whey/p b's/creatine. I eat pretty well, don't batter the chips or fatty stuff and im not really into sweet things {apart from pussy} my nemesis is alcohol, love Old Speckled Hen and a decent bottle of wine or two always gos down well, not every night like just Thursday//Fri/Sat binges till I pass out on the couch, LOL.
Add Thank You
08/03/2015, 13:11
Thanks for the compliments clitterbug. If i thought abouit it at the time should have sold my story, got myself a few quid for it. Bit late now lol. To be honest mate i have never taken or looked into the use of supplements. I acheived what i acheived through a handfull of dietary changes but i still eat what i want to a degree. Found that after a little while, once my body started changing, dietary changges went with it as couldnt stomach some of the stuff i ate regular. Mostly it was down to sweat, sweat, sweat. I still drink but am nnot a massive fan of beers/lagers etc..although the occassional guiness is a pleasent suprise. For me now its all about the spirits. If its a normal day i may have the odd one but, at any social occassion, i drink like a damn fish haha.
Add Thank You
Clitterbug
08/03/2015, 14:54
[Image: glassandbottle.jpg]

Ah Guinness m8, fkin luv it!
Im into a drop of the Irish hard stuff too, got my 1st bottle of Tully when I was in Cork about 10 years ago, had quite a few bottles since.

Slainte! 
Add Thank You
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Clitterbug for this post:
gymaddict69