Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DR WHO
23/05/2017, 18:22
RE: DR WHO
Wasn't too impressed with Saturday's episode think the producer and director have been watching The Flash, too much jumping from the Missy execution to the Pope bit and in the end I felt totally underwhelmed by it all. Things can only get better? Or maybe not could be why Capaldi and the assistant are quitting because this series is just plodding along!

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
gymaddict69
26/05/2017, 23:33
Too be honest burns72, i missed the first several minutes of the episode and kinda half watched the rest (sonic sunglasses..whatever lol). Really cant get into this current seson of Dr gWho..its just not, for want of a better word, Gelling with me. Thought Capaldi's Dr was over rated from the off s not sorry that this season is his last. Whilst the BBC are playing down the rumours that Bill may als be getting the boot this season, i wouldnt be sorry or suprised. Kudos for trying something new in terms of the Dr's travelling companion (openly gay, vvery inquisitive). Personally, i just find er character annoying. Heres to a hopeful clean slate come next season.
16/06/2017, 00:44
Must admit fallen behind with this season just watched the pyramid episode so am 2 behind but like you am not really into this season, yes Bill character should be the 3rd wheel and Matt Lucas (Nardole) the assistant he is an entertainer after all and some of his one liners are great! eg when asked if he could hack the cameras he said that he wasn't just sexy!

gymaddict69
16/06/2017, 23:38
As of today, am all up to speed with the show. Granted, i felt the concluding part of the Monks story was actually one of the better episodes this season (not spectacular, just vaguely enjoyable). The most recent episode feat the Ice Warriors may have improved but got to around the half way mark and i was bored shitless so turned it off. Wont be sorry if theres a complete good guy spring clean either at the end of the season or at the time of the christmas special (only character id like to stick about is Missy..or possibly the master given some cryptic imigary during the shows promos).
18/06/2017, 11:53
As for last nights instalment of Dr Who..Meh, what else is there to say. Theres nothing wrong with the occassional stripped back episode but, is it just me or do the the bulk of the episodes this season appear to be stripped back in nature (guessing the budgt has been allocated to Eastenders instead). Not enjoying the fact the most of the episodes this season (without checking) have been earth based..we want fantastical, loud, ott and ultimatly fun..elements which this season appears sorely locking. Last nights..celts and romans hide and battlesome random tentacled creature (whose actions you never properly see, just the once or twice as an aftermath). Lots of potential but just turned out to be another yawn worthy, overly chatty episode.
18/06/2017, 16:16
Am going to try and catch up with this season tonight otherwise I fear I will end up not bothering with it and may miss some clue to a big reveal, eg the Master or even a regeneration if that is in the pipeline before Christmas! Any news on whether Nardole is staying as only heard about the Doctor and Bill?

gymaddict69
24/06/2017, 11:32
Still have not heard for certai if Bill is being given the boot. Only confirmed at the moment are Capaldi's doctor, Missy (seemingly being given the boot so John Simm can return to the show..kind of a shitty thing to do to the woman, and Moffatt as well). No word on Nardole although, according to an interview in the radio times, during the first of supposedly a 3 parter of sorts (final 2 episodes extending into the christmas episode apparently), apparentl someone the doctor has been charged with protecting is gonna cop it. Who knows, given these factors and that the cybermen are involved, may actually be a hal decentbow out for Capaldi. Still no word on his replacement though (new showrunner hasnt ruled anything or anyone out though apparently).
24/06/2017, 18:47
Have heard it is not just any old Cybermen it is the Mondasian Cybermen who are the original form of one of the Doctor's deadliest foes. They have cloth faces rather than the metal that they developed into over the years since they first appeared in 1966! But yes don't really want Nardole to die off as he would add value to a new Doctor rather than Bill.

gymaddict69
30/06/2017, 21:36
Well, have got to admit, as far as penultimate episodes go, last saturdays installment was actually pretty darn good. Why oh why couldnt the series be consistent throughout. An interestiing story, great performances all round and has set things up nicely for tomorrow nights finale (oh, and it has been confrmed that Bill will not be returning so if no Nardole next season, looks like its gonna be starting on a clean slate, certainly on the good guy front).
02/07/2017, 12:07
Well, thats another season of Dr Who all sewn up and as finales go, thought it was a pretty solid seaison closer but not without its faults. On the face of it, does appear as though its pretty much a full clean house at Dr Who. An emotive episode (if you are affected so easily by such things lol). Fair play to Bill putting in her best and only decent performance all season..gotta admit thogh, didnt see that twist coming at the tail end of the episode as far as Bill and the episode itself goes. On a negative note, given how strong a character Missy has been, what a shocking diservice they did to her character..a particually underwhelming, naff way to bow out. Question though..can anyone actually tell me exactly what caused the doctor to start to regenerate, not what blatantly led to it being sped along later in the episode as i must have missed it?