Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DR WHO
24/10/2015, 12:51
RE: DR WHO
The most recent episode was quite an interesting one if for nothing else *spoilers* the dynamic it opened up between the doctor and, i forget the characters name, the girl who plays Arya in Game Of Thrones. Seems the Doc does have a conscience after all (one that could cost him dearly i suspect). The villlians of the episode were a bit pants though.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
21/11/2015, 13:56
Seems only 2 seconds ago the latest series of this started and now theres only 3 episodes left. Thought the most recent episode (like many of the episodes this season) was below par. Did have to laugh at the concept behind the aliens on the spacestation though (intelligent combined eye sleepers as a result of peoples sleep being screwed with). Always thought sleepers were an annoyance, not that they could kill you if left unchecked haha.
05/12/2015, 13:54
After a couple of particually morbid episodes, the season finale is on tonight. Thought the last two episodes were good (the one with Clara leaving was a particually strong one). Last weeks episode, while a break from the norm and an interesting concept felt a little groundhog day for me and that concept either works or it doesnt. The constant pursuit element worked well though i thought. Heres hoping the finale is a corker.
08/12/2015, 18:49
Why has doctor who gone so far down hill this season what does everyone think? I'm still not sure about him as the doctor or his sidekicks or the while feel that the show is setting.
27/12/2015, 17:11
I dont know Dannyw69. Perhaps we have become used to the hig energy, more frantic doctors (which all previous doctors since the shows return have been). Of course that could be just me as i only started watching the show once it was bought back (with Chris Eccelston). Still feel Billie Piper aka Rose is the best sidekick since the shows return. While on the topic, what did everyone think of the 2015 christmas special. Personally, i thought it was bollocks (although pretty much everything was this christmas, new tv programme wise).
14/05/2017, 15:57
Awh, yawn, cough..almost forgot there was a established Dr Who thread on the forum. Granted i havnt remarked on the current season yet and not suprised at the lack of others comments as well. Probably (my opinion) something to do with the fact that for the most part, its been just a little bit shit so far this season. Whats hurting the season the most in my opinion (asides from Capaldi appearing to have simply had enough and just earning these final pay days from this before his change up at xmas)..the new sidekick (whats her name again). No objection whatsoever to a relative unknown being cast as the doctors sidekick, trouble is, asides from not really being that likeable, frankly, i just find her annoying. The whole being uber inquisitive was appealing..for about 3 and a half seconds..now its just a pain in the arse. For me, of all the companions since the show returned with Eccelston's doctor..the current sidekick is the worst to date.
15/05/2017, 01:32
I agree she is simply awful think they should have swapped her and Matt Lucas and have his character as the main companion and her has the one that stays behind. It is not like the old days of the two companions of I believe Peter Davison I believe a male called Tariq and female who's name escapes me and think Colin Baker had a guy in a suit and a female, both names escape me and can't be arsed to google for now! 

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
gymaddict69
15/05/2017, 09:42 (This post was last modified: 15/05/2017, 09:43 by confusedCoyote.)
(15/05/2017, 01:32)burns72 Wrote:  I agree she is simply awful think they should have swapped her and Matt Lucas and have his character as the main companion and her has the one that stays behind.
I'm actually starting to like her... It's a completely different character to what we have seen in the "current" run of the series.

(15/05/2017, 01:32)burns72 Wrote:  It is not like the old days of the two companions of I believe Peter Davison I believe a male called Tariq and female who's name escapes me
Are you thinking of Adric & Nyssa or Tegan?

(15/05/2017, 01:32)burns72 Wrote:  and think Colin Baker had a guy in a suit and a female, both names escape me and can't be arsed to google for now! 
That was Turlough.  He was actually with Peter Davidson's doctor.  Colin Baker only had Mel & Peri

REMEMBER: Little umbrellas help protect you from falling anvils but not massive blasts of cum at a bukkake party.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to confusedCoyote for this post:
gymaddict69
16/05/2017, 02:08
Adric that's it and he was with both girls, and Turlough that was the guy ginger haired and suit. Was a fan of Ace thought Sophie Aldred was fit at the time, plus worked well with Sylvester McCoy they filmed a story a mile from my house but didn't know till it was too late!

[Image: 1z5hv75.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to burns72 for this post:
gymaddict69
19/05/2017, 22:45
Burns and Confused..will have to take your word as far as your Dr Who knowhow goes..not disputing but as i never watched prior to Eccelston and i too cant be arsed to google..nice knowledge though. As far as l ast saturdays episode went/goes, only wound up half watching it..found having it as background noise while i was tidying up far more interesting lol. This said, its not secret that Missy and The Master are back in some way shape or form this season..suppose atleast they have been pretty consistent throughout s will be paying closer attention to those episodes.