Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DR WHO
02/11/2014, 04:48
RE: DR WHO
Watched part 1 of the finale earlier. What did everyone else on here think? Personally, it was the only episode i have liked so far this season. Thought the doctor and Clara were the best we have seen them all this season. Gotta say i didnt find it at all predictable, kept me guessing and at times was genuinely suspenseful.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15/11/2014, 13:45
Well, thats another series of Dr Who done and dusted. What did everyone think of the finale? Personally, despite most of the episodes being dire i felt it more than redemend itself with the 2 part finale. Loved it. Loved the darker tone of the episodes, it really worked. Read somewhere that tons of people complained to the BBC about the shows finale episodes being too dark. Too those busy bodies, get of your high horses...no one cares what you think. Not sure about the christmas episode though given the brief glimpse we got to see. Any thoughts?
15/11/2014, 17:34
Not really a big doctor who fan but i could watch matt smith playing
Him but could not get a grip on peter calpdi seemed a odd choice to me
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tayls5179 for this post:
gymaddict69
15/11/2014, 17:45
I enjoyed it too Gym and I warmed up to Capaldi's Doc as the series went on. Highlight for me tho was Michelle Gomez as Missy especially in that last ep. Defo she gotta come back. I know people complained about the eps as they refered to death and the afterlife but it TELEVISION not real life people!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gravey08 for this post:
gymaddict69
16/11/2014, 03:22
I wasnt a Capaldi fan and am still uncertain (im still a little unconvinced), thought he really shined through in the 2 part finale though. Kinda liked Matt Smith but, for me, its David Tennant all the way. Nice call on Michelle Gomez as Missy. Phenomonal, mad as a hatter and all the better for it. Couldn't agree with you more Gravey08, she needs to return in the future. With some of the shows really pushing boundries nowadays (could the powers that be got away with shows like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story 10 - 15 years ago without serious cuts) why do people feel the need to complain just because Dr Who decided to grow up for a couple of episodes. Busy bodies need to get a grip.
27/09/2015, 17:59
Well, its another autumn which means another series of Dr Who. 2 episodes in and have gotta say based on that 2 part season opener, its so far so good. The verbal exchanges between the doctor and Davros were fantastic. What with missy then thrown into the mix. A very strong start to the new series (plus that scene with the tank in the first part was pretty cool). Have haerd that this is gonna be Jenna Coleman's / Clara's last series..not sorry about that.
30/09/2015, 03:11
Gave up on this show last series, not gone back. Think
It's been going downhill for a while. Clara is just annoying, as is the insistence on making her the most important girl that ever existed in the universe ever (seriously she's saved every version of the Doctor apparently, is the reason he became who he was and in one episode made a decision for the entire human race, in that stupid moon episode).
The whole female master stunt pissed me off as well, ridiculous.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
03/10/2015, 14:15
Haha, the moon episode, yeah, i remember that..the moon is actually an egg, that was beyond daft lol. While not a fan of Clara's i actually quite like Missy, unpredictable and more than a little bonkers and psychotic. Can imagine she will start to grate after a while. Given that its been reported that Clara is leaving this series im suprised that the tabloids are not in their usual frenzy trying to establish who is gonna be the next doctors assistant / travelling companion (hopefully someone with a lot more personality next time round).
05/10/2015, 12:16
I think the writers might have been on some powerful drugs when they wrote that moon episode, and the whole ending was so stupidly convenient (I'll avoid spoilers and stay vague).
I found missy grating from first moment, and honestly not a fan of the timelords changing gender at random thing, when you think about it that would make growing up on their home planet bloody confusing for kids, mum has an accident, regenerates, and oh look two dads now, or vice versa (would that mean a divorce, or time lords swing both ways?). I may be overthinking it lol.

Honestly I don't see as much attention in the media for this since Capaldi joined, and the ratings have been terrible.
Think new writers, show runner and actors are in order personally.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
10/10/2015, 22:59
Overthinking the whole gender confusion thing..nah, well, maybe a bit lol. There was all that fuss and anticipation leading up to Capaldi taking over the role. That fascination in the news did seem to quickly burn out though. I thought tonights episode was another pretty good one. I thought the Fisher King looked quite impressive but for me, despite appearances, he turned out to be a bit of a damp squib. Have gotta say though, am enjoying this series more than Capaldi's first.