Share:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DR WHO
23/08/2014, 23:54
DR WHO
So i noticed there's no thread on the new series of Dr Who. Anyone have any thoughts on the new series and the new Doctor?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
24/08/2014, 06:54
RE: DR WHO
I enjoyed the new episode and am looking forward to the rest of the new season. I like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, I think he plays his incarnation of the Doctor excellently. After Tennant and Smith it was time for a slightly older Doctor. Be interesting to see how he expands the character throughout his tenure.
24/08/2014, 15:13
(23/08/2014, 23:54)mrhlayer Wrote:  So i noticed there's no thread on the new series of Dr Who. Anyone have any thoughts on the new series and the new Doctor?

Too soon to tell how it will pan out but certainly was an enjoyable debut - would say it was the best 'first outing' since the series was revived.

Do you have any thoughts on it, or is your role over after noticing there was no thread on this?
11/09/2014, 11:01
I'll be honest I think the new series has been crap so far, I can't stand the supporting characters used in the first episode ( lesbian lizard, cockney girl and burnt spud head), Clara is annoying and it's difficult to like Capaldi's doctor.
It's obvious that no one involved in the first episode had ever heard, seen or read anything about Dinosaurs before, that one shown was way too big.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jesslloydfan for this post:
gymaddict69
05/10/2014, 18:28
I never watched the old Dr Who's. My viewing started with the reboot. I have watched every episode of the new series so far (with the exception of last nights...watching that in a bit). Too this point, as far as the new series with Peter Capaldi goes i am disapointed. I thought the time heist episode was ok, the opening episode and the one with him as the caretaker were terrible and the others were just about watchable. For me so far its David Tennant as my fave, then Matt Smith, then Chris Eccelston then firmly in last place Peter Capaldi. Im not a fan of his doctor (and i find Clara annoying as well).
18/10/2014, 05:58
Its official. I have had enough of Peter Capaldis doctor, Clara and the show in general. The number of episodes so far this season that i have fallen asleep during through sheer boredom and wound up going back to only to ask myself after why did i bother. I know the cast can onlty be blamed for so much but after watching every episode since Dr Who came back im at the stage where i now watch it as a gap filler as opposed to something i actually want to watch. Hopefully Capaldi will regenerate soon, Clara will just clear off and hopefully some of the show writers will regenerate as well lol.
26/10/2014, 06:48 (This post was last modified: 26/10/2014, 06:50 by gymaddict69.)
A rare thing happened during the most recent episode of Dr Who (25th October), i actually saw it from start to finish without falling asleep bored. In my opinion, despite the annoying kids (the one with the pig tails especially) and the predictable storyline, it was actually pretty entertaining. All in all though this series has been a disapointment.
26/10/2014, 21:56
Honestly I think this is actually the worst series of Doctor they've had since they brought it back, it actively seems to be getting worse with everything passing episode. The entire characterisation of Capaldi's doctor seems to be onnoxious dick, and half the time it's more the Clara show than Doctor Who now.

Regularly adding new modelling shots and caps of Jessica Lloyd to the forum, also have a few links to some of her vids if anyone wants to see them just message me and ask and i will message you the links back.
[Image: 3444efb.gif]
27/10/2014, 04:52
Totally agree with you jesslloydfan. This season / series has been the worst by far. Capaldi is obnoxious, Clara is annoying and could anyone actually give a monkeys about this Danny Pink guy and his and Claras relationship (of sorts). Hopefully another regeneration (and the departing of Clara) wont be too far off.
01/11/2014, 00:40
Well I for one am enjoying this series, seeing a Doctor who is more like the Classic series than ever. I you think he is obnoxious and a bit of a dick, then you are supposed to think that as I believe he will become more grandfatherly as Capaldi's time goes on (just like the first Doctor). Clara is annoying at the mo, but I think she is about to leave soon. Looking forward to the finale(s)!