Rampant TV
Guess the Film! - Printable Version

+- Rampant TV (http://forum.rampant.tv)
+-- Forum: Stuff (http://forum.rampant.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+--- Forum: Film (http://forum.rampant.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=206)
+--- Thread: Guess the Film! (/showthread.php?tid=446)

RE: Guess the Film! - Timm24 - 12/02/2012

ok, it's not an old type film, well depends on what you mean by that, anyway this film is from the late 1990s. it has one famous hollywood actor who is the main character. it is set in a nordic/viking type country and it obviously has sword and bow/arrow type battles as you can probably tell from the picture.

the main character in the film is the pretty much the only guy in the film who has a non nordic type accent.
show da postpost :)

RE: Guess the Film! - jesslloydfan - 13/02/2012

(11/02/2012, 02:05)Timm24 Wrote:  ok in that case it is not wilhelm von homburg, this guy's name is something else. this guy in the picture is actually east european, but the film is hollywood, i saw it in the cinema when i was younger. the guy in the picture is pretty much the second main character in the film.

this film actually got really bad reviews but i have no idea why i liked it
Alright i think i totally give up mate, it just doesn`t look even look the slightest bit familiar to me, so it`s safe for me to assume that i have never actually seen that particular film, so unless the next hint you give is basically just telling the answer i`m not getting it lol.

RE: Guess the Film! - hornyguysi - 13/02/2012

right im going to go with my last guess and see whether by chance i am correct is it erik the viking just something that i can remember or even something with king arthur

RE: Guess the Film! - Timm24 - 14/02/2012

no it's neither of those hornyguysi, but yea its that kind of movie, except no king arthur, it's in a nordic type country is where its set.
lets see what other clue can i give. ok well the story is basically about an arab guy who goes north and ends up fighting alongside some norsemen. thats the whole story pretty much in a nutshell if you cant guess it from that you probably havent seen it or cant remember it i guess....

RE: Guess the Film! - jesslloydfan - 14/02/2012

(14/02/2012, 01:14)Timm24 Wrote:  no it's neither of those hornyguysi, but yea its that kind of movie, except no king arthur, it's in a nordic type country is where its set.
lets see what other clue can i give. ok well the story is basically about an arab guy who goes north and ends up fighting alongside some norsemen. thats the whole story pretty much in a nutshell if you cant guess it from that you probably havent seen it or cant remember it i guess....
Well that hint tells me for certain that i clearly haven't seen the film that is from, because i don't recognise any of that, so hopefully someone will guess this right soon, so i can get involved in the thread again.

RE: Guess the Film! - Timm24 - 14/02/2012

hmmm what other clues can i give then. well this film was a pretty spectacular flop from what i heard they spent quite a lot of money on it and didn't make anywhere near all of it back, i liked it though so it was worth all those tens of millions lol

the guys in the film battle these cave type people who are attacking a small innocent and poorly defended town.
if i give the name of the actor it might make it too obvoius so if no one gets it after this i'll post another one (an easy one lol)

RE: Guess the Film! - Friday - 15/02/2012

It is "Thirteenth Warrior" with Antonio Banderas as the hero with Omar Sharif popping up at the start.

I actually liked the movie, I really need to get it on DVD so I can watch it again.
Oh and I got it from your picture. :)

Oh bugger, just realised. I need to look for something now, don't I? :(

RE: Guess the Film! - Timm24 - 15/02/2012

ahh cool well done it is indeed 13th Warrior, rate you for getting it just from the picture, it is not the easiest to guess just from that, but yea now you gotta post another one. i actually had one ready lol, it will probably be the best one ever posted on here when i finally do get around to it :)

RE: Guess the Film! - jesslloydfan - 15/02/2012

(15/02/2012, 00:48)Timm24 Wrote:  ahh cool well done it is indeed 13th Warrior, rate you for getting it just from the picture, it is not the easiest to guess just from that, but yea now you gotta post another one. i actually had one ready lol, it will probably be the best one ever posted on here when i finally do get around to it :)
I actually remember seeing that now, not much of it, but i remember the title and vaguely remember parts of it, didn`t really stick in my head much, so safe to say you could have left that one up for a while and i would never have gotten it, shame you didn`t get to use the one you had ready mate lol.

RE: Guess the Film! - Friday - 15/02/2012

Next one up. The challenge here is to get it quickly, if not I am going to have to dig out some more caps, so please get it quickly. :)

[Image: imgchunk_b001_103.jpg] [Image: imgchunk_b002_102.jpg] [Image: imgchunk_b003_102.jpg]