Rampant TV
Guess the Film! - Printable Version

+- Rampant TV (http://forum.rampant.tv)
+-- Forum: Stuff (http://forum.rampant.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+--- Forum: Film (http://forum.rampant.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=206)
+--- Thread: Guess the Film! (/showthread.php?tid=446)

RE: Guess the Film! - gymaddict69 - 31/07/2015

Welcome back Jester62. Have gotta say that your movie knowledge is as sharp as ever as you are correct, the film is indeed Ron Howard's 1985 sci fi comedy Cocoon. A classic piece of sci fi, heck, a classic film in its own right. The picture is of the impossibly fit Tahnee Welch who plays one of the alien visitors. Thanks for passing the baton Jester62, would someone else like a go?

RE: Guess the Film! - orionmetus - 02/08/2015

I'll this a wee go if its ok. I was going to say Cocoon, but i wasn't sure at all and haven't seen it since i was about 11 so fec it. The one I'm throwing out there is a great show. Feccin loved it.

RE: Guess the Film! - gymaddict69 - 06/08/2015

Coconn is fresh with me at the moment as after seemingly an eternity since my family and i last watched it, we did the double a couple of weeks back, watching Cocoon 1 and 2. Interesting pic orionmetus. Cant be 100% certain but i think its a skinny, younger Jim Caviezel. Going out on a limb here given the attire and beard, is this from Passion of the Christ?

RE: Guess the Film! - orionmetus - 07/08/2015

Its not GymAddict....I thought that would be the first people would go for haha.
Kinda one of the reasons I picked this picture. I think he's skinnier here for a reason, for the part kinda. But thats not a clue at all.

RE: Guess the Film! - Jester62 - 08/08/2015

(07/08/2015, 02:07)orionmetus Wrote:  Its not GymAddict....I thought that would be the first people would go for haha.                                  
Kinda one of the reasons I picked this picture. I think he's skinnier here for a reason, for the part kinda. But thats not a clue at all.

Hi Orion , Gym  And All Other Hentai's ,lol.

On Hols In The Land Of " Oz " - Took A Break From My Hol To Glance At The Fine Ladies. Luvvvvillllly,lol.
Caught Your Post : 
Thought I Would Look In On You to See If I Can Be Bamboozled By The Newest Clip Shown, 
Although I Was Quite Impressed With The Image ,My Grey Matter Did Not Let Me Down ,lol.

The Movie Is " The Count Of Monty Christo " From Way Back Around 2000 AD, Unsure Of Male Actor Though.

It's Very Much Appreciated That You Stimulate This " Fools " Mind With Continuing Cinematic Conumdroms.
Please Allow Any One To Take Up The Baton On My Behalf.

Sincerist Regards Jester 

RE: Guess the Film! - orionmetus - 08/08/2015

Hey Jester,

Hope you're enjoying yourself down under...and you are absolutely spot on. Great shout. Thought more than a few would have thought it was "Jesus: the movie". It is the Count of Monte Cristo...good shout

RE: Guess the Film! - Jose Mourinho - 08/08/2015

See i thought it was Monte Cristo too :S Shouldve said something. Really enjoyed that film ;) Guy Pearce is in it aswell if i remember right :) I like him as an actor ;) Richard Harris too i think. Think he played that fella is the prison cell. Anyway i really enjoyed that film.
Pretty sure that picture is from when he just escaped the prison via the 'burial body bag'.. then he met them 'pirates'.

RE: Guess the Film! - orionmetus - 08/08/2015

Spot on Jose, and Guy Pearce is a bloody legend in it. It's one of my Favourite films actually, tend to through it on in the background when i'm practicing or doing admin nonsense. Richard Harris is brilliant in it as well :)

RE: Guess the Film! - gymaddict69 - 08/08/2015

Oh bollocks, right actor (love Jim Caviezel..fantastic actor in , well basically everything he does) wrong bleeding film. I cant recall much about the Count of Monte Cristo. Used to have it on VHS, might have to download it, ripe for a rewatch as it has been 13 or so years since i last watched it. Looks like its over to you Jester62 my friend (after your hols i presume, by the way..have fun).

RE: Guess the Film! - gymaddict69 - 28/08/2015

Heres hoping that Jester62 is having / has had a great holiday. As the game has been lying dormant for a few weeks now thought i would take it upon myself to get it moving again. Heres a relativly easy one. Should have no problems getting this one.