Rampant TV
Batman - Printable Version

+- Rampant TV (http://forum.rampant.tv)
+-- Forum: Stuff (http://forum.rampant.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+--- Forum: Film (http://forum.rampant.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=206)
+--- Thread: Batman (/showthread.php?tid=17359)

Pages: 1 2 3

Batman - madpolac683 - 02/09/2017

Still (in my opinion) one of the best Batman movies ever, even with all the re-boot's, I enjoy this incarnation the most. Tim Burton's vision is simply marvelous.

RE: Batman - stjohn66 - 02/09/2017

it was good at the time. but the thing with bruce and the joket where he ( spoiler alert ) put some silver tray up his jacket to stop the bullet. whoooo that was silly. good job the joker always asked that same phrase and did not go for a head shot. but i agree . great at the time. probably still good , 15 certificate for some reason. my sister veto s me watching it with her 9 year old.
but the best ?
i remember watching batman begins on the imax on its 2nd day out. and even then i knew it would be a classic. not just classic batman film but a great movie for non batman fans too. and the follow up. dark knight . better but should have been 2 movies. the movie should end with ( plot spoilet ) the capture of the joker. but it goes on on on. seriously. the capture of the joker is the climax , how could they miss that.
stjohn

RE: Batman - dony - 03/09/2017

i know alot of people think the older batmans are the best ones, but for me i like dark knight the most out of all of the batmans and i seen them all, so much action in dark knight and i like how the joker looks to

RE: Batman - stjohn66 - 07/09/2017

(03/09/2017, 01:26)dony Wrote: i know alot of people think the older batmans are the best ones, but for me i like dark knight the most out of all of the batmans and i seen them all, so much action in dark knight and i like how the joker looks to

try some animated. it is difficult to watch for too long but some are better. year one. the red hood ( the red hood assumes you know the batman story )

RE: Batman - FantasticMR - 08/09/2017

Year One was absolutely amazing but I think that the Nolan trilogy is the best by far. I think most of us can agree that the Schumacher days were the worst.

RE: Batman - madpolac683 - 08/09/2017

lol!!!!! Yes, the Schumacher "Bat-nipples" day's were the worse. The Nolan trilogy was OK, The Dark Knight being the better of the three. In my opinion, the Burton directed Batman movies were the best. I am looking forward to The Batman.

RE: Batman - stjohn66 - 09/09/2017

(08/09/2017, 11:46)madpolac683 Wrote: lol!!!!! Yes, the Schumacher "Bat-nipples" day's were the worse. The Nolan trilogy was OK, The Dark Knight being the better of the three. In my opinion, the Burton directed Batman movies were the best. I am looking forward to The Batman.

agreed. how could he ( schumacher ) ever work again after that. and not only that. how do you make a bad batman movie.

RE: Batman - gymaddict69 - 10/09/2017

Blimey, to choose a favourite Batman movie..easier said than done. For me though its got to be 'Batman Begins'..after all, who doesnt like an origin story when it is done so,so well. Really did feel ast though thhat film ticked all the boxes. Ive mentioned it previously but in terms of the animated Batman movies (or featuring Batman) to date, by far my favourite was the two part 'Batman the dark knight returns'. Anyone who happens to be a Batman fan, if you hav'nt checked this out already, you really are missing out.

RE: Batman - stjohn66 - 10/09/2017

yeah i liked the dark knight returns. adaptation of the frank miller comic. to be honest though i like the classic jim aparo drawing of the batman. plus i never like it when superman turns up. but that said i actually preferred the dark knight part 1 and 2 the second time i watched them. which is unusual. but i still go with year 1 . i do not understand why they went to the red hood when they could have and should have done death in the family first and hush which superman notwithstanding i think is the best batman story for about 20 years.
back to the nolan series. batman begins is a brilliant film. not just for batman fans and the dark knight as you say is the best but as i have mentioned why did it need 2 face as well. it should have finished with the captrue of the joker. the dark knight rises is good too but i think nolan just made so much money from the dark knight he was allowed to do anything he wanted and got very self indulgent, it is too long. particularly when the imax is as uncomfortable as the one i go to. but again a good film and a great trilogy and lets face it you cannot say that too often . godfather ?? a case in point.
stjohn

RE: Batman - gymaddict69 - 15/09/2017

Its certainly rare for a film series or trilogy not to have a weak link, granted some elements stronger the others but certainly not a weak link. For me Nolan's trilogy pulled that of with ease, just a shame that the trilogy bowed out on the weakest of the 3 films. Absolutely loved 'The Dark Knight returns' parts 1 and 2..the styling, the violence, the music..it all just clicked. Have got 'Year 1' knocking about somewhere. HHave seen it but its been such a long time may have to give it another looksee.